1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

La Nina Returns!

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by Sufferin' Prius Envy, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I was out today enjoying a nasty weather Prius drive in the Sierra foothills east of Sacramento.
    (No, really . . . I was enjoying it. :blink: )
    A large weather system has just moved into the area and the rain was very heavy in the mountains. For the past few days the weather service has been warning about flood potential in Northern California.

When I got home, surfing on the Internet weather sites, I came across . . . .

[​IMG]

H>O>W> did I Miss That!!! 24 day old news!!!! <_<
    http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2006/s2572.htm

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    La Nina? Are you sure cause we've been wetter that's for sure (28/31 days of rain in January) but we're definitely not colder here on the west coast.

3. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

It's been awhile... But isn't La Nina associated with warmer ocean currents off the California coast? So it woudn't follow that La Nina years would be colder here. Wetter, to be sure. The storm blowing in now is supposed to be a doozy. I'm glad I live in relatively protected Santa Clara instead of up in Santa Rosa now.