1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LA port strike?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by LoreePrius, Dec 17, 2004.

1. LoreePrius

LoreePrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    [font=Tahoma:5aaedd479c] [/font:5aaedd479c] My toyota salesman said that my prius is just sitting at the LA port with my name on it, because there is a strike going on. Speaking for myself I do not know if I believe him or not. I have a hard time believing what a car salesman tells me. So, If anybody in the LA area knows if this is true or not. I have look at LA port web site I can not find any infor. about it. The information would be helpful. If is true that means I have a truth telling car salesman :roll:

2. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I recall reading about an LA port strike, but I thought that had been resolved by now (there might still be backups though). I know that this has happened in the past though. Did you try searching news services?

3. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Loree, I think your salesman is doing the 'Toyota Two Step'.. a Dr Phil term for the OLD side step... I searched the archives of the LA Times and only found this as the closest thing to a potr strike:

Top federal mediator Peter J. Hurtgen, who helped broker deals to end the 2002 West Coast port lockout and the California supermarket strike and lockout this year, will leave the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service at the end of this month to return to private law practice, his office said Monday.

I really think that he is not being straight with you.. I read that you wanted only one color and the #6 option package... maybe his dealership can't get that color.. or the guy is just not an upstanding guy and can't tell you that, since he already put his foot in his mouth by saying he had it and now doesn't...

good luck in your search... you might call another dealership, or go on line at Toyota.com and ask the internet managers if one of them can find the car for you.

Bob Andersen

4. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Out of curiousity, has he given you a VIN for the car? I don't think I got my VIN until after my car arrived at the port, but I don't know exactly when they have access to that information. If you have a VIN, then I'd be more likely to believe your salesman. Otherwise...

5. LoreePrius

LoreePrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No VIN, but he did say that the prius might arrived between Dec. 21 -28 I can only hope that is true.

6. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    There is no strike currently at the Los Angeles / Long Beach harbor complex.

A couple of months ago, there was a backlog of ships waiting to unload cargo at the two ports, due to marine traffic congestion, but that was cleared up in November.