1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LA Times: Toyota's Fractured Structure May be at Root of Safety Problems

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Patrick Wong, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Toyota's fractured structure may be at root of safety problems - latimes.com

"The fact that Toyota's quality and safety problems have affected almost every model in its line suggests that the automaker has a systemic management problem, said Robert Bea, a UC Berkeley professor who is studying the Toyota situation in a graduate-level engineering class. Bea, who has accumulated about 800 case studies of corporate and government-agency meltdowns, said the cultural and organizational problems affecting Toyota are similar to those that allowed NASA and the Army Corps of Engineers to ignore structural issues leading to the Columbia space shuttle and Hurricane Katrina disasters.

"It's what I call arrogance, indolence and ignorance," Bea said. "With those three, you have an explosive combination.""

2. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    It is also known as being 'Safety Deaf'. Alternatively, there could be a new acronym for quality circles - AII....

3. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If true, I wonder it is the reason Jim Press left. I can see him handle this situation so well...