1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lack of customer service

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Golfman, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Golfman

Golfman New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    :(Just talked to my local dealership about customizing my features. All I wanted was the backup alarm changed to 1 beep and the door locking feature changed. You guessed it. They want $49.95 to hook up the computer to do it. Of course it may be that I bought it through AAA, but they didn't even bother to ask where I got it. I have a call in to my AAA rep to see if he can help me out. Just can't wait until I need warrenty service.

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    How long ago did you buy the car? They usually do those changes free of charge at delivery.

3. revhigh

revhigh MPG Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That's when they did mine ... I had a list. They were glad to do it, and were kinda impressed that I even knew to request it.

REV

4. Golfman

Golfman New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Bought it last Friday 18 Mar 11. I'll just wait and see what my AAA rep has to say about. He was out of the office this afternoon so I expect to here from him tomorrow sometime.

5. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    ugh

Some dealerships just don't know. If your salesperson has a relationship with their service folks, this can be done pretty easily for free, but some dealerships have a policy to make sure their Prius techs are properly paid.

When I first got back here to Carson, the first time I wanted a back up beep eliminated I too got the "get a due bill" speech, but I went to the service manager and explained my cause. I no longer have that problem, because we have a relationship now about this issue.

Maybe your salesperson needs to get involved.
    If one of my buyers came in later, after purchase, expected to drive right into service and have work done, because this is "work" the service folks would also probably give them a price for this too. But, if they spoke to ME, it would be different.

You state: "Just talked to my dealership..." as if it were a building... did you speak with a specific person there?

6. Golfman

Golfman New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I talked to my AAA rep today and he talked to the local Toyota dealer but got no ware with them. He dose have a working relationship with a dealer in the Phoenix area, so if I get down there (95 miles away) in the future I'll be able to get it done for free. Might be worth it with the nice gas milage I'm getting now. I will also go by the local dealership and chat with the service manager next week. Its really sad that you can't change simple items on your own. If you need a back up beeper to tell you the vehicle is in reverse, maybe you shouldn't be driving.

7. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    When you get it sorted why not go back to the original dealers and tell them exactly what you think of them, preferably on a really busy day :)

8. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The customization should have been discussed before the papers were signed. However, explaining the situation to your salesman and/or the sales manager should have gotten you into the service dept free. If not, slam 'em on the customer satisfaction survey. If it costs someone some money later they might start caring & clean up their act.

9. Zedknepplin

Zedknepplin semper prius

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I mentioned the backup beep issue with my sales lady. She said the beep could be turned off on the nav screen. Is this the case? Thanks...

10. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    The BEEP sound that the NAV screen makes when you touch it can be turned off with that screen.

The rear/reverse beep takes a tech and a special computer hook up.

Perhaps she misunderstood which beep you meant.

Signed, the Road Runner and Wile E Coyote
    Beep Beep!

1 person likes this.