1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lack of lumbar support may be an issue on extended trips.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by softdown, Jun 3, 2020.

1. softdown

softdown Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just completed a long road trip. Lack of lumbar support became problematic after several days. No doubt exacerbated by my senior age. Bought a lumbar support pillow that kept the issue from getting worse. Wondering why there is no lumbar support in the seating.

Changing the subject a bit now. Prius can readily tow ~1400 aerodynamic pounds with two qualifiers:
    1) The mirrors should be " fine tuned". I am evaluating 2" or 3" blind spot mirrors right now. Of course there are no tow mirrors designed for Prius.
    2) Struggled a bit with 10% grade on a pass that Yellowstone west gate closure forced me to take. But it is highly unusual to encounter more than 7%. I could probably do 80 on 7% if need be. 10% was more like ~28mph.

Towing a teardrop camper brought a lot of attention, compliments, and several picture takers. Gas mileage dropped from 48 to 28 but 28 is still far greater than 15.

bisco and StarCaller like this.
  2. softdown

softdown Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks like 3" mirrors will fit - will try that.

Also - the lowness of the Prius may mean getting in and out is harder for the very tall. I didn't notice so much until I had done it a hundred times.

bisco likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    well done!

my wifes hycam has a blowup lumbar support, but it's in the wrong place. i have to use a towel.