1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lack of Supply Reduces Hybrid Sales

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by greg4wv, May 9, 2006.

1. greg4wv

greg4wv New Member

By Chris Woodyard, USA TODAY

Just when sky-high gas prices should be raising demand for fuel-efficient gas-electric hybrids, Toyota and Honda are selling fewer of the hottest models than a year ago.
    They blame supply shortages for sales declines on Toyota Prius and Honda Civic hybrids in April from April 2005.

"We sold down our inventory. We're down to a two-day supply," says Toyota U.S. President Jim Press. "The fact is, demand has never been higher."

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2006-0...tage-usat_x.htm

2. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    :huh: Competition? How so?

3. ONwi03

ONwi03 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon @ May 9 2006, 11:03 AM) [snapback]252097[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know if it's just me but I seem to be seeing the redesigned Aveo hatchbacks all over the place in every possible color imaginable. Until we see the emergence of a 15k econo hybrid then compacts like the Aveo, Fit, Yaris, and Versa will sell well. But to be fair, we shouldn't even be using these as a comparison to the Prius.

4. VaPrius

VaPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ONwi03 @ May 9 2006, 12:11 PM) [snapback]252168[/snapback]</div>
    I agree on both points. Nowhere near a fair comarison. Any manufacturer that comes up with a good hybrid (engine shutoff at stop, >45mpg, ULEVII/PZEV, quality, safety) for less than $18K will have an instant success.