1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Laile Motorsport Beatrush goodies and more...!

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Ben2jz, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Ben2jz

Ben2jz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Disclaimer: this is my 2015 Prius "v" DIY. My post are for my personal hobby. If you choose to mimic anything here, I am not responsible for what you do to your car or any outcome result as follow.

It started with a road trip and my wife got scared because our "v" was getting pushed around when passing or being passed by other vehicles. Plus the handling is a bit sloppy from what I am use to. So I google and came across a few brand like Cusco, tanabe and Laile Beatrush. I chooses Laile Beatrush because of their history in Motorsport and they were cheaper but the quality is pretty damn good. The parts almost feels as if it was customs made just for my car. In the long run if all the stuff I installed does not help with the push around feeling from other vehicles. I may cross over and mix with Cusco as Beatrush has a limited selection.

I installed the Laile Beatrush struct bar by following an excellent DIY guild a member here did on a Prius. It was exactly the same on the "v". Here is the link. This thing made a huge noticible different in handling. A must have!

image.jpg

Got these too.
    Beatrush rear frame end bar.
    Beatrush front member support bar.
    Beatrush floor performance plate. The color of the plate is different/lighter but it's coated by alumite, which is great stuff from my reading. I confirm it with Laile Motorsport.
    image.jpg

Installation of rear end frame bar:

I had to remove the bumper. I did not take any pictures for this but can if anyone needs it. It's very easy. Four clips and four bolts. After that just pull the bump off starting from the sides first. I did it in five minute, seriously.

I removed the bumper support bar and had to modifie it because I still want to use it along with the Beatrush bar. If you look on their site the oem support bar is gone. Only using the Beatrush bar.

I Had to drill some holes to fit the bar and to be able to tighten the bolts. One on each inner side and one at the top of each ends. Also primer and paint for rust.

image.jpg image.jpg

Had to hammer these "J" hook flat to fit the new bar ends. Not a deal breaker.

image.jpg

I also had to drill just one on the outer side to physically fit/slide the bar in. Then bolt and tight everything up together as one piece with the oem support bar.

image.jpg

Looks solid and hella boss from bottom view.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

I am really sorry for the crappy pictures. I just realize it while putting this post together. Wish I taken them further back.

I will be testing out the handling of this new piece before installing the floor plate and front member support bar. Will update then.

#1 Ben2jz, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    Chazz8 likes this.
  2. Ben2jz

Ben2jz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    While everything was off I wired up my rear bumper led. Here is a link to my DIY. They are wired up as break lights. Negative to black and white harnes wire. Positive to blue. I remove the tail light by taking off the three 8mm bolts. Then pulling the tail light straight out. I tuck the wires through the big hole. Details;

The tail light pull straight out because its held together with the round small clip you see there sticking out of the panel. It locks in with the tail light corner.
    image.jpg

This is a top view looking down between the tail light and body. The orange and white wires are the from the bottom bumper led going up and into the body tail light panel opening and into the trunk.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Result:
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

#2 Ben2jz, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  3. Ben2jz

Ben2jz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Update on the rear end frame bar. Its a noticeable different when turning. Less body roll over. Before it felt like a boat turning. Now it's very sharp and nimble all around. Another must have piece if you ask me. I'll being installing the rest sometime this week. Update then.

4. Ben2jz

Ben2jz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Installed the Beatrush front member support bar and floor performance plate. Very much noticeable on the handling. The car responds has improved dramatically for the the better but at the same time it has lost that oem softness in the suspension completely.

If I didn't already own the front member support bar. I say it is not needed. The other parts has improved the ride to where I think is perfect. The front member bar is just one stept over from comfort to sport.

I have not yet taken the car on long trips to personally test if it has improved the push around feeling that I am trying to address but so far my wife has not complain about it and she likes the upgrades. Taken that she is the type to just get in and drive. So that says a lot.

I will update this thread when the time comes.

5. John Ramos

John Ramos New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Where did you buy your parts...I see Japan... but sold in the US?

6. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I keep hearing these stories about 'wandering' and 'being blown around' and 'body roll' but I have to tell you the v Five with the 17" rims and tires tracks like a train on the highway, windy, around trucks, whatever. Fabulous road car and flat-tracks, no roll in the corners. I simply don't see the need for these add-ons (except the LED-lit lower rear reflectors, which I use as both position and brake lamps). YMMV, of course.

And if you do have this 'dartiness' or 'wandering' issue, have the car's alignment checked. More like than not the front and rear toe are out of spec. Excessive 'body roll' on the other hand, could just be underinflated tires and excessive yield.

#6 Air_Boss, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016