1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lambo-doors on a Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by hycamguy07, Aug 24, 2007.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I was just curious has anyone seen this done yet? ;)

2. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What are lambodoors? I've seen labradors in Prius, but not lambodoors.

3. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Lambo Doors:
    [​IMG]

i think it's sick.. and not in a good way.

4. geodosch

geodosch Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(subarutoo @ Aug 24 2007, 03:47 PM) [snapback]501686[/snapback]</div>
    Lambo doors (aka Lamborghini doors) swing up, but unlike a gull-wing door ,they pivot around the top-front corner of the door. They're sometimes referred to as scissor doors.

Can't say I've seen them on a Prius, though since you shouldn't be able to notice them when the car is driving, I may have seen a Prius with them & not realized it. :)

5. nitschke65

nitschke65 Not entirely normal

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I was thinking about putting Lambo-doors on my prius, but first I think I'll replace this crazy hybrid junk with a V-8 hemi!

6. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Great idea GreenJohnny and while your at it a set of after burners, lower the car so it sparks on the ground, why not hydralic suspension? Wheel tubs that almost touch in the middle too and tyres to fill the tubs.
    A phat sound system and a wally at the wheel.
    That would be perfect

7. xzacx

xzacx New Member

I haven't seen it, but I think it may be cool. I have actually been thinking about looking into suicide doors.

8. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  9. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Looks like they're actually useful in tight parking spots, although that's most probably not what they were originally inteded for... :)

10. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

some where there is a kit for the Prius, it was discussed in 2004 here on PC and I believe it's one of the Japanese sites that offers it. But it's been 4 years since that was going on and they might be discontinued now. Unfortuantly a lot of the early information was lost in one of the comp crashes in the early days of PC. It was probably using Toyota parts from one of the JDM Toyotas that have "lambo" doors.

11. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Look up "rice" in the dictionary and you will see a picture of that car with "Lambo" doors.

12. slair

slair Ubër Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Lambo doors on a four door is just plain stupid looking. If they are on the right car....like a scion tC, a 2 door that is already good looking, then maybe they can add some style. So, you put them on a prius....ok, so you have lambo doors on the front but the back doors are just the same. Oh, but you can put them on the back doors also! Ok, but notice how the doors open. If you tried to open all 4 of the doors at once, the back doors would actually block off the front doors, so its just useless.
    I'm writting this drunk so it might not make that much sense. Bottom line, lambo doors on a 2 dr coupe = sometimes, any 4 dr. car = you should be laughed at.

13. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member