1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lamp harness bracket help

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Durden, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Durden

Durden New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hey guys, I was hoping for some assistance with trying to find out about a bracket on my 12' Prius. I was in an accident and the shop and insurance company are telling me this bracket is broken and part of a $3500 engine harness. I tried calling my local dealer and they told me the part number on the bracket isn't even Toyota part number.

If they have to get this entire harness, my vehicle is a total loss. I'm not great with cars and can't seem to find anything about what this even is? They told me it hooks to the fog and turn lamps, but I don't know if I trust that. They did send me images of what they are talking about.

Anyone have any idea? Thank you for any help!

a9819225-9764-46de-bf75-868472d9339f[1].jpg Capture.JPG Capture1.JPG

2. Pluggo

Pluggo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Keep looking until you find a mechanic that is willing to actually repair the old harness. He needs to think in terms of jumper wires, heat shrink tubing and some good epoxy..

3. yeldogt

yeldogt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Confused --- Are you fixing this yourself ?

Is the actual electrical plug broken -- it looks intact. What does it plug into?

I just had our 11 five apart for a new bumper cover. The turn and fog lights on our car did have a common connector on the driver side so you could disconnect the bumper assembly with the lights intact on the bumper .... yours looks different. The wires to the fog and turn on the driver side are in your palm ..correct?

If the plug is broken -- the solution is to cut one from a wreck and splice in --- the other way would be to eliminate it entirely.

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Or is it more like the original post seemed to be saying, no damage to the wiring, but only to the plastic bracket that stands that plug off from the wheel well?

I am pretty sure I have had that plug disconnected from that bracket, back when I was adding fogs. Like most harness plugs attaching to brackets, it has a post with some "wings" you have to squeeze to separate it. It was really really really annoying while the bracket was in place, because the wings to be squeezed were behind it, but will probably be very easy for you, as the bracket is already loose.

Then just find another Gen 3 in a salvage yard and harvest the bracket from it (it will be really really really annoying, but possible), and click it onto your harness, and attach it to the car.

-Chap

Edit: I wonder if it could be this animal, or this one? The diagram is hard to follow, and the images are terrible, so I'm not sure. It would be a twelve dollar gamble.

#4 ChapmanF, Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018