1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lane assist questions

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Technical Discussion' started by daisy555, Aug 3, 2023.

1. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    During my test drive I tried slightly swerving over the lane and I didn’t get any warning. I tried both left and right. I’ve been in other cars that actually alert you in an annoying fashion with a noise. Maybe the sound was shut off? How does it work? Thanks

I did experience the brake assist which was subtle but interesting.

#1 daisy555, Aug 3, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
  2. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    With Safety Sense 2 I get the message on the MID that lane assist is not available under 28 mph.
    But I also don't know exactly what triggers that message to pop up on the MID, except slowing down from driving like 30 or 35 mph than dropping below 28 or 25 mph and it doesn't show up every time slowing down to under 25mph.
    The 2023 Prime is equipped with Safety Sense 3, and the parameters for messages and behavior may have changed for lane assist and a lot of her safety issues.

3. PhoS

PhoS Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    It does chime but only for egregious moves towards or over the lines in my experience. No where near as often as I have seen with older TSS.

4. Preebee

Preebee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    You can adjust that feature based on 3 levels of intensity, or off. I have mine on the lowest setting. Pressing the gas (when going into a corner, or coming up on traffic that is accelerating away), will override it. I love it!

tovli likes this.
  5. Perpetual Waffle

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Yeah, the TSS 3.0 is definitely not super beepy in most driving situations. I think the most beeps I ever hear are when I’m turning and the blind spot sensor is activated (example: two left turn lanes and I am in the right lane and someone is in the lane to my left) or if I put on my signal to lane change while someone is in my blind spot. I haven’t noticed any beeps for lane departure without a signal, mostly because the lane keeping assist has done such a darn good job.

HacksawMark likes this.
  6. HacksawMark

HacksawMark Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    This feature would drive a lot of Oregonian nuts since many don't feel the need to use turn signals :LOL:

PhoS likes this.