1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lane Guidance?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Sarge, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    As most Nav users would know, you can use voice commands such as "Single Map", "Dual Map", "Turn by Turn Guidance", "Arrow Guidance", etc... to change the map view. A while back, I stumbled onto a command - "Lane Guidance" - but cannot find out if or when this command ever works. Each time I tried it, it always told me "this command cannot be used in this screen".

Does this command actually work on north american Nav systems, and if so, when and what does it do? :huh: I'm curious...

Searching the PC boards for this command turns up nothing...

2. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Is this the one that tells you which lane exits freeways on the exit you want?

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I use it all the time for freeway driving. I leave the NAV display on its normal default setting, which changes automatically when you get on a limited access highway. In that mode it displays exit information on the right panel. When lane information is relevant, Jill chimes in and the right panel switches to lane guidance.

Tom

4. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ Jul 11 2007, 05:05 PM) [snapback]477095[/snapback]</div>
    Ahhh... that would make sense. I had forgotten about the way the Nav switches to display the highway lanes when a merge/split is approaching. On my setup, this lane guidance view changes automatically, though I seem to remember there may be an option not to switch, which I guess would be the purpose of this command...

Thanks for the reply, qbee.