1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lane Keep Assist on the European Premium models?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by JohnRobinson, Oct 23, 2010.

1. JohnRobinson

JohnRobinson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hi.

Having purchased the top of the range Premium version with ACC I assumed it also came with the Lane Keep Assist. However I am having problems finding it on my car, or even in the manual. Is it possible that the European (norwegian/swedish) models dont have it? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I'm pretty sure it's not available there. It's one of the things we got here in the US most other places did not get.

1 person likes this.
  3. JohnRobinson

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    V
    ROFL! Should of asked when I bought it. It was one of those things that was on the list to convince my wife to allow us to buy it. I think Ill just keep quiet about it! :p

4. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yeah the US get the radar cruise control and the Europeans get the HUD.

I do understand that Toyota UK are thinking of introducing the radar cruise control in future models but certainly not yet.

Norway is a LHD country, could you not import a US spec Prius or does that cause problems?

5. JohnRobinson

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Having owned a 2005 US model I wouldnt own another import. Nav doesnt work without hacking it and in doing so the voice control doesnt work. When I went to get the brakes fixed they informed me that they had to order the parts as the US version had different parts. Just not worth it.

Hud is cool and very geeky however would I swap it for an extra safety feature? Guess I will never know.

I do however have the Radar cruise control so it just seems weird that they didnt fit (or activate) the lane keep assist. :confused::confused::confused:

6. bedrock8x

bedrock8x Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    The LKA uses a vision recognition system and has nothing to do with the radar cruise control system.

7. JohnRobinson

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Oh I thought it was all part of the same system? Guess not.

Anyway thanks for the information! ;)

8. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    LKA works about 60%-70% of the time. I noticed that it corrects more aggressively when you're drifting toward the left than the right. When I drift to the right, It beeps first, tires running over the lane markers, then it corrects itself. When I drift towards the left, it corrects itself first way before the tires get close to the lane marker.