1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Larry & Laurie David Autographed my Prius! (Pictures)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Rabid1, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Rabid1

Rabid1 New Member

Larry's brother, Ken, is one of my best friends. On Saturday I attended the Bar Mitzvah of one of Ken's sons.

Also present was Larry & his family. I had a very nice conversation with Laurie, who produced Al Gore's movie "An Inconvenient Truth". She's one dedicated lady!

Larry's very personable and we shared a lot of laughs. I asked him what was up with the "Prius Wave"? Everytime I tried it people looked at me like "what the hell are you waving at baldy!" Larry said he just made the wave up for one of his episodes :)

Anyway, as the party was breaking up, I asked them if they would sign my Prius. They acted shocked that I would want them to write on the glovebox. Laurie even said if I couldn't sell the car she'd buy it from me!

She wrote "Stop Global Warming...Laurie David. Larry wrote "That Goes for me Too, Larry David.

How cool is that?

Edit: OK, here are a couple of pics! [attachmentid=5003] [attachmentid=5002]

Attached Files:

2. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    COOL!!! Planning on posting pictures??

3. Rabid1

Rabid1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Sep 11 2006, 10:04 AM) [snapback]317788[/snapback]</div>
    Absolutely. I have to resize them and I'll get 'em up ASAP.

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Resizing is taking too long. . .

10 START
    20 ECHO "Are you done yet?"
    30 GOTO 20

5. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Awesome! "Curb Your Enthusiasm" is one of my favorites. Looking forward to the pictures.

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not being critical of your choice, but I probably would've given them my Owner's manual to autograph...just not enough of a star-seaker to want my car defaces with a sharpie.

I did, once, have a nice camera back-pack autographed by my favorite photographer...the now deceased Galen Rowell.

7. Rabid1

Rabid1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Sep 11 2006, 10:11 AM) [snapback]317792[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry, but I'm at work and the pics are at home, and since I have a very importatnt game (GO CHARGERS!)to watch tonight, it'll be tomorrow before I can get them up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 11 2006, 10:23 AM) [snapback]317801[/snapback]</div>
    I considered it an honor, not a defacing. When I go to sell it I'll always have the option to remove it or buy a new glovebox lid.

8. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rabid1 @ Sep 11 2006, 01:29 PM) [snapback]317841[/snapback]</div>
    I understand, I meant no offense...I have stickers and decals on my car that would give some folks hives but that suit my tastes just fine. It's just that my tastes would rather not have marker on the glove box...now, if the original Prius Chief Engineer wanted to sign it...maybe!

9. Rabid1

Rabid1 New Member

Added the pics above...

10. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 11 2006, 01:49 PM) [snapback]317858[/snapback]</div>
    You must be refering to that revolting Razorback thing.

[​IMG]

11. fphinney

fphinney Member

Rabid1 -
    Would LOVE to see a pic of the autographs! - - Please -

12. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

Who the heck is Lauri and Larry David?

Never heard of em...

13. chimohio

chimohio New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Oct 16 2006, 10:38 AM) [snapback]333393[/snapback]</div>
    Lauri produced Al Gore's movie - An Inconvienent Truth - I thought everyone knew that. ;)

14. fphinney

fphinney Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Oct 16 2006, 09:38 AM) [snapback]333393[/snapback]</div>
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daronspicher -

Your ignorance is showing. Hate to tell you, but a little Googling could have answered your question privately.

[​IMG] Larry and Laurie David.

"Laurie David is devoted to stopping global warming. She founded the Stop Global Warming Virtual March with Senator John McCain and Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. that is engaging religious leaders, labor unions, elected officials from all sides of the aisle, business leaders, and every day Americans to urge the United States to address the ticking time bomb that is global warming.

In addition to the Virtual March, Ms. David has produced several other projects that bring the issue of global warming into mainstream popular culture -- including the release of her first book, The Solution is You: Stop Global Warming – An Activist's Guide, the comedy special, Earth to America! for TBS, the first cause oriented primetime special in a decade, which aired November 20, 2005 to millions of viewers and featured Tom Hanks, Will Ferrell, Steve Martin and Jack Black among many others. The show garnered rave reviews and sparked hundreds of TV, print and radio stories about global warming. She is a producer of An Inconvenient Truth, a documentary film based on former Vice President Al Gore's thirty years of research on global warming, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival and at the Cannes Film Festival, and has been awarded a rare Humanitas Prize Special Award and has received accolades at film festivals around the world..." http://www.lauriedavid.com/bio.html

15. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fphinney @ Oct 17 2006, 03:13 AM) [snapback]333857[/snapback]</div>
    Larry David has done more for the planet, though. He was the co-creator and main writer for Seinfeld. I think he might have some little show of his own on HBO.

16. PriusTouring07

PriusTouring07 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rabid1 @ Sep 11 2006, 12:00 PM) [snapback]317786[/snapback]</div>

You win as the Coolest Prius Owner on the Planet!
    Larry is the reason I bought my Prius!

And trust me, your Prius has only increased in value with their signatures. Having Larry and Laurie sign your Prius is like John DeLorean signing my DMC. Especially if you sell it on Ebay, you'll get at least an extra few hundred bucks. Now you just need to add Al Gore's signature and you're in business ;-)

17. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I heard they split up. Is this true?

Nate

18. PriusTouring07

PriusTouring07 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius @ Jul 25 2007, 08:26 PM) [snapback]485148[/snapback]</div>

They did. She found a younger lad lol
    It's too bad, they were a great couple.

19. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius @ Jul 25 2007, 08:26 PM) [snapback]485148[/snapback]</div>
    Filed for divorce according to another post.

20. jayselle

jayselle Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm actually impressed if global warming activist actually drive a prius. What did they drive off in after the party? A giant helicopter to take them to their private jet that would then take them to one of their seven 30,000 square feet homes?