1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Last unread

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by MarinJohn, Jan 11, 2006.

1. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Danny I guess you are working on switching servers. Are you aware the "last unread" icon is missing on most topics? Do we git a spelckick soone?

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Do you mean this is missing? [​IMG]

I still see it on all of my new unread threads. And yes, I'll work on a spull chiker for the updated site :)

3. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Ahhh there they are! I must have been 'blinded by the red' last night! And for the first time in half a year or more I just used the 'Ignore poster' feature and am pleased with the results, I highly recommend it.

4. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

let me guess who was the lucky one, [removed]?

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Now now, Maggie. Let's not start a personal flame war here. You and I know what you originally posted but in the hopes of keeping a little peace - at least on this thread - I removed it.

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Is it possible that you had clicked the "View New Posts" after reading a bunch of them? I do that from time to time. What happens is that there are no new posts since you were in that thread and therefore the "new post" icon is gone. That might have happened last night.

This morning, with the addition of new posts, the icons are back.

Just a thought.

BTW, I encounter this because I have multiple pages to get though when I'm here. So I go through all the pages and then hit the "View New Posts" to see if anyone has responded to my responses on the first page while I was on the fourth. The ones that have responses show the icon while the ones with no responses do not. When I'm satisfied that I've read all I want, I mark all forums read and go to bed.

7. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

How come it is often wrong (especially if I haven't logged in for a week), and why can't we get such an indicator for posts?

8. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I apologize Blonde Guy. Yes, you and I know what I posted originally and the rest will just figure it out. I am sure it won't be hard ;)

9. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    There are two issue: too many old posts, and too few.

We seem to write a cookie to the server when visiting, since any machine normally shows only new posts and not just the one you used last, so maybe writing to the server fails and there's no error message or retry logic? That'd leave you with too many old posts.

Why it doesn't show posts as old as they should be, if you haven't visited for quite a while, is possible due to what I call a 'partial visit'. You try a site, it sees you coming and writes the visit cookie, then things go haywire and it never delivers the page. You think you never got there, but found out later that you were considered to have been there anyway...

10. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Maggie looking at your avatar I just noticed you improved on perfection!

11. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

:D