1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Late June allocation for Southern CA

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Dianne, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Dianne

Dianne New Member

The late June allocation for Prius in Southern CA is 240 cars. No news yet on how many are fleet units that were promised last fall, or courtesy delivery cars that are not part of the dealership allocations.

There are 75 dealerships in Southern CA who have to divvy up the cars. FYI -- do the math!

Dianne

2. gwilliams

gwilliams New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Dianne,

If I remember right, you'd said the early June allocation was 241 cars. In an earlier note about the production increase through the model year end, you'd said you're region was to get 650 cars in June. Any word on what happened to the other 169? (650-481) Hopefully they've all been reallocated to WV. :lolup:

Seriously though, 481 is less than you're region recieved in May, if my memory serves me correctly. Where'd the production increase go? :Wth:

Any info you can share with the group would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Glenn

3. Dianne

Dianne New Member

Dear heart, I am so glad someone is doing the math. We as dealers base our list-taking and managing of the orders by what factory says they are gonna do. When they do not walk THEIR talk, then we cannot walk ours.

I believe that there is no reading between any lines in that matter. How can I tell someone anything true or right or even make an educated guess about how much of a wait it'll be when we do not get cars that are promised?

I have no freakin' clue what's happened to the extra cars that were estimated to come. No clue at all. Prius has gone from being a joy and a delight to sell (2000-2004 in the early fall months) to the bane of my entire existence. And, I am not the only human being who feels that way. I know it with every breath in me that my region's had the best of intentions but it's NATIONAL who allocates the cars to the regions, so perhaps NATIONAL people are sending the cars elsewhere that they originally promised to my region months ago. I stand by my region and their limitations, because if they have 240 cars to allocate, then they have 240 cars to allocate. Apparently, nothing is etched in stone with what they THOUGHT we'd all get and what we actually got. Sucks, I know, but it's my reality - and yours too. Live with the wait, or we buy something else. I did. :|

Dianne

Dianne,

If I remember right, you'd said the early June allocation was 241 cars. In an earlier note about the production increase through the model year end, you'd said you're region was to get 650 cars in June. Any word on what happened to the other 169? (650-481) Hopefully they've all been reallocated to WV. :lolup:

Seriously though, 481 is less than you're region recieved in May, if my memory serves me correctly. Where'd the production increase go? :Wth:

Any info you can share with the group would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Glenn[/quote]

4. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Dianne,

I just have to ask. You say you bought something else, can you tell us what it is and how you like it?

I'm sorry you couldn't wait to get your Prius. It really sucks that a person who sells the cars can't even get one. Boy am I glad that that I took the car when I did.

Jeff

5. Dianne

Dianne New Member

Hi Jeff!

Hey Jeff! I got an SLE convertible with NAV (no bluetooth) and skid control and rear windscreen and the works.

[web:b48611debe]http://www.priuschat.com/forums/download.php?id=465[/web:b48611debe]

There she is! Hopefully, a few sunny days and the wind in my hair (and thank heavens, a windshield so no bugs in my teeth) and a few extra days off, all will be right with my world. :?

Between the Prius BS from all ends that's unimaginable, my son becoming a teenager with full head of steam, and all else going on in my world that can be a bit tumultuous, I can stop fretting about my own car frustration and keep on pluggin'. I do not know how I like it yet... I have not brought it home to my driveway, waiting for help to get it home!

And, you know, anything worth having is worth waiting for, so your wait paid off. Me, well, I got fed up and I do not have your patience! I got disgusted. If I really wanted to make my point, I'd have bought a different brand of car but what can I say? I trust what I sell and prefer to have what I know is a very excellent car for me and my family. I wish it could have been a Prius but as I said, I am disgusted with it all.

Di

6. gwilliams

gwilliams New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    [/quote]

Dianne,

Thanks for confirming my suspicions about projected allocations not materializing.

Just out of curiosity, is there any regional or national phone # a poor waiting customer could call to find out the straight dope, direct from the company? I've tried the "Toyota Customer Experience" line at 800.331.4331, but they just refer you back to the dealer, who has (or at least divulges) little more information than I already have.

TIA,
    Glenn

7. tomdeimos

tomdeimos New Member

CA missing cars

Anyone know where the missing cars went? I was just thinking it might seem reasonable to Toyota to take cars from CA and move them to a part of the country that has sold fewer cars now that they are in demand everywhere. That way when they catch up they will be more visible everywhere and sales could be maximized.

8. Dianne

Dianne New Member

Re: CA missing cars

You'll never get a happy reply from Toyota. They may explain that those were "projected" cars they expected and then did not get. You may also be right -- they may have gone anywhere - Europe, Japan, or even east coast. That's why the regions are SO reticent about what they are getting in their future allocations. It looks great on paper but it seldom works out later - and that is why they prefer I never post anything that is not happening NOW. Because anything that's future may not come to pass. I know basically everything about the 2005 model but have been asked to NOT share ot because they might still have changes that are sudden about package content and production.

9. SAPrius

SAPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Re: CA missing cars