1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Latest 2013 Prius 4 Head Unit Firmware? Problems with playing podcasts with iPhone 4S DownCast

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by theschles, Feb 21, 2013.

1. theschles

theschles New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hi all,

I checked out my 2013 Prius 4's head unit's System Information screen and my Software Version is 2.1.0. Is there an updated version?

I ask because it has trouble playing podcasts off of my iPhone 4S's DownCast app -- sometimes it starts playing them through the iPhone's speakers as opposed to the car's speakers. In addition, sometimes the connection is lost when the track changes; DownCast says it's playing the podcast, but no sound comes out of anywhere.

In addition, DownCast has trouble playing through the head unit's Bluetooth feature. It plays sound through the car's speakers for a second, then pauses, then plays for a second, then pauses. The stuttering is driving me nuts...

I should also note that when the track changes in DownCast, the track information does not update on the head unit. Instead, the head unit either preserves the previous track's information, or says "STOPPED".

Help? Anybody seeing similar issues? Ideas?

/Phil

2. theschles

theschles New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I should also note that when the track changes in DownCast, the track information does not update on the head unit. Instead, the head unit either preserves the previous track's information, or says "STOPPED"

3. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Do all your apps do this? From the sounds of it there's probably some problem on both ends (phone and car) and this app shows them both. Some apps handle controls differently, so the car may be using one method when the app expects another causing the STOPPED. The audio playing form the phone is probably an Apple problem. You running the latest iOS?

4. theschles

theschles New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    iOS 6 is the only iOS which has touched this car. I'm currently on iOS 6.1.1.

I pointed DownCast support to this discussion and they had me try the Apple Podcasts app. Sure enough, Apple's app works flawlessly. I guess they didn't completely implement Apple's API...