1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Latest Dear John Letter from Toyota

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by beaujb, Apr 19, 2004.

1. beaujb

beaujb New Member

Well Dear Beau is this case (see attached). It is nice that Toyota is keeping us informed, however rather than information about honors and awards how about some news of increasing production and deliveries.

Also the statement 'Your dealer will be able to provide the most current and up-to-date status regarding vehicle arrivals.' What can the dealers do? At least we have Dianne at Carson Toyota telling us the shipment information twice a month, if it wasn't for her we would really be in the dark! Thanks Dianne.

2. Medved

Medved New Member

I recieved my letter today too. I think it is great that they have contacted me 3 times within the last 3 months.

The first was a letter, then a key chain, followed by this letter. In addtion to that, I have talked with my dealer, Mario, a number of times.

I am purchasing my car from Classic Toyota in Mentor Ohio, (Cleveland). I have purchased my last 5 cars from there. My brother is also a Toyota mechanic there. So I also get excellent "personalized service"

I may be one of the more fortunate customers out there. Currently 3rd on the list! :) They have over 40 people on the list behind me. They have been getting 2-3 cars every two weeks.

There regional managers are the people doing their best to allocate cars across the regions. #1 on the list has been waiting since November for a Black #9. #2 does not want Nav. So I am in the "Cat-bird" seat! Soon, very soon!

I was wondering if anyone has seen, or recalls such a "high demand" car? Let me add, which is also affordable?
    Sounds to me like the 04 Prius will go down in history right along side of Cabbage patch dolls, Pound puppies, & Tickle me Elmo's.

3. amped

amped Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I was wondering the same, but can't recall any with this sustained level of demand that are also affordable, as you wrote. The only others I remember past or present are all EU cars with names ending in vowels, too.

4. tag

tag Senior Member

I got the same letter today and wholeheartedly agree; I'd prefer to read about the attempts they're making to increase capacity and facilitate delivery to those on waiting lists.

Perhaps they should consider putting the folks composing these letters on the production line.

5. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm New Member

Along with new beetles and PT Cruisers. My Aunt was on the waiting list for a Cruiser for over a year.

6. Medved

Medved New Member

Now that you mention it, I do recall a few people waiting for the PT Crusers. I've never been in a PT, so I'm not sure what all the hoopla associated with them is all about! I personally don't care for the outward apperance a who lot.

Most of the people I know who now have a PT, are in their 40's or 50's. I think it reminds them of their younger days.

7. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm New Member

She was born in 1951, so she is in that age range. I actually really like the Cruiser. I am almost 6 feet tall, so it is hard to find a back seat where I dont feel trapped. The back seat is high, so it almost feels like sitting on a couch verses having your legs up around your throat.

8. N9IWP

N9IWP New Member

I got that letter too. The odd thing is a got my Prius April 7.
    So obviously my request shouldn't still be on file at the daeler...
    I told my dealer about it -- hopefully there is a way ofr him to say I got mine.

brian

9. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    RE: PT Cruisers
    I never really understood the hoopla over these cars, I did think they looked kinda cool, and definately unique on the outside. I got to ride in one my sister-in-law rented while in Hawaii. Once inside I REALLY didn't understand the hoopla. I though the layout was counter-intuitive and clumbsy, it was smaller feeling inside than it looked outside, drove kinda like a sub-compact power-wise (though it handled pretty well).

To each his own I guess.