1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Latest road trip.

Discussion in 'Prius v Fuel Economy' started by Kensterfly, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Kensterfly

Kensterfly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    We recently took our 2013 v (2500 miles) on about a 600 mile road trip. Mostly interstate highways.
    We averaged about 42-43 mpg at interstate posted 75 miles per hour. In a long stretch of posted 65 mph we were showing an average of about 46.5 mpg which is pretty much what we get just driving around town. That extra 10 miles per hour in driving speed made a significant, but not drastic, difference.
    This driving was done in dry weather conditions with no significant wind. A/C on fresh air almost 100% of the time.

This was my first road trip since we got the car in early September though my Bride has made this same trip two other times. She had been running about 32 lbs of air in the tires. I bumped them to 42/40 for this trip. The ride was only slightly bumpier but not noticeable on the interstate highway.
    I found the car to be as quiet as the Lexus RX that we traded in. The driver seat was not quite as comfortable because it is only minimally adjustable vs the Lexus. The relationship between seat and steering wheel could not be tweaked quite enough for my 5' 11" inch frame but the seat did offer good support for back and legs. I really wish there was room for the driver to stretch out his left leg on a foot pad next to the left wall. The leg 'tunnel' is a bit narrow.

Overall, very happy with the performance on the road.