1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Latest spy shows of 2010 Prius, with Interior!

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by spwolf, Aug 22, 2008.

1. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

Here you go:
    2010 Toyota Prius [Spied with interior shots!]

- check out front end - 3 distinctive lights, never before on any of spy shots.
    - check interior - Auris like, curved towards driver... big difference even if it still looks prius-like!

2. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

I was not impressed or excited to see the changes on the inside. It's looks a lot more like a "normal" vehicle. I hope that interior is just to throw people off and not the real thing.

3. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

normal? :). You do notice A4 sized papers in the tray under small, sporty, joystick like gearshift? It modelled after Auris interior which a lot of people in Europe dig, and I can assure you it looks like an real thing... and definetly not another car on the planet with it too, so not normal :p.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I like the placement of the MFD and shifter quite a lot. Hard to say a lot more, the headlight cluster is interesting.

5. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

funniest thing is that front cosole from handrest to top of the HVAC/NAV looks like it has taken clues from Supra...

6. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

SUPRA
    [​IMG]

2010 Prius SPY Photo

7. jelloslug

jelloslug It buffed right out!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    There is also the possibility that this car could the be Lexus version that is comming out also.

8. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

could be - with regards to head lights, but interior is all toyota though... so I think previus bug eye headlights might have been there only in early examples and this is real look that we will get...

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Very nice... but

1. The console kinda steps on the first two gen's open concept where there wasn't much intrusion between the front passengers.

2. Nice that they still kept the joystick but it's taking up more space than necessary on the console. (Obviously to appeal to more people, it's in a normal place) You could still have the tray below but only have that separate auto-climate control screen intrude out (think RX or 1st gen Highlander) and still have a gap between the dash and the centre console box.

3. Nicely done with hiding the two centre vents and incorporating them into the dash

4. The screen is a bit lower than before and seems to be the same 7" size (most are moving into 8 and 9")

5. The integrated passenger seatbelt warning light between the airbag and the upper glovebox is nice.

6. The seat bottom doesn't look any longer than the current one. I hope it is. Extra thigh support would be nice

7. It appears the console box slides backwards to open rather than the normal flip up (if not, then that lid/armrest is really far back).

8. Is that an indicator on the mirror??

9. It appears the rear brake lights are two vertical strips of LEDs??

10. Sucks that they're still using the bumblebee antenna rather than in-glass.

11. It appears that they did experiment with projector headlights (as seen with the earlier spyshots of the white Prius) but for whatever reason, Toyota went with multi-reflector-type

12. I still don't know what the bumper light is. You'd think it's for foglights but the bulb is yellow which makes me think it's an indicator. However, there are 3 sets of lights in the headlight housing. Perhaps the outermost one is simply a parking/side marker light

10. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What's that I spy? Buttons and knobs? I love buttons and knobs! And overall I really like a more driver-centered cockpit. But they need to show me those two important things: the height adjuster on the seat, and the telescoping steering column! (Not to mention those longer seat rails.) Without that stuff I'm saving my money. If I'm smart I'll save my money anyway, but you know I get these urges...

11. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

you will get both of those for sure...

12. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

tideland - sliding console is feature of many upscale toyotas/lexuses... you can both slide it to reveal more features and then to open it up to reaveal interior...

13. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I really, really hate that.

I hate where the screen is; it seems like glare would be even MORE of a problem with little to do about it as a hood would block driver's view.

I hate where the shift is as that whole center thing just sucks up space needlessly. All of the efficient use of space is completely destroyed.

I hate it so much, I'll buy a 2009 before I'll buy the 2010 redesign. I don't care if it does get a few miles more per gallon. I'll just pulse and glide a little more diligently.

14. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

also, projector is only one of the lights, 2nd would be high beams which are not projectors... since even Auris has projectors, I would think that they would be in...

15. direstraits71

direstraits71 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I agree 100%. I'm not pleased by what I see here. That steering wheel has got to go!! :eek: I don't think I could be convinced to buy one with this interior even with improved mileage. Can't tell if the seats are better or powered. I'd like to see it in person.

16. statultra

statultra uber-Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i strongly doubt the layout of the interior follows the production model, i dont think toyota would put so much plastic and cheap seats.

17. dwreed3rd

dwreed3rd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Are you sure the pictures aren't of a red-neck 3m (duct tape) protective film DIY job?

I thought I saw one just like it here in Georgia. :rolleyes:

18. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Those rims looks like 17" or 18". Is it me or the hood looks longer? This is probably due to larger ICE.

19. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    With that new center console, it doesn't look like rural u.s. mail carriers will be able to drive it from the passenger seat.

I love the fact that the car is 1.2 inches shorter (but 1 inch wider) than the current generation Prius. (I hate the way car manufacturers almost always increase the length of a car with each generation.)

20. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A