1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lawmaker says Toyota withheld documents

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by malorn, Feb 26, 2010.

1. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Lawmaker Says Toyota Withheld Documents - WSJ.com

WASHINGTON—Internal company documents subpoenaed by U.S. lawmakers show that Toyota Motor Corp. deliberately withheld records in court cases and engaged in a "systematic disregard for the law," according to the chairman of a House committee investigating Toyota's safety crisis.

2. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Oopppppps...

Like I said... they do not care about American laws... they are a Japanese Corp... they really don't give a rat.

And they are perfectly willing for us fuzzy foriegners to get hosed with a problem if they can make a few more coins in the process before they have to change what's wrong... much less admit that there is something wrong at all.

3. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh look, another thread slamming Toyota. Surprise! It's Malorn.

4. robbyr2

robbyr2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Cong. Towns made it clear from the start he was out to beat up on Toyota. His lack of knowledge of the legal issues is a good argument for congressmen to be lawyers, not social workers.

It is amusing to see Malorn liking what a Democrat has to say...

5. vegasjetskier

vegasjetskier New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    :deadhorse:

Are you still here? I was so convinced by your arguments that I went out and bought a 2010 Corolla for my son.

6. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I don't think most of you have any idea how serious this is getting for toyota. If any of you know a Toyota dealer and can talk to one 'off the record' you will find out what they really think. First Toyota will again have to admit there is a problem with the electronics, face front page media on the coverup, deal with plant closings in the US(UAW) which they have never had to do, deal with increased scrutiny of the american flag Toyota has been waving for years, deal with criminal proceedings and endless years of lawsuits. The situation is growing more troublesome by the day .

7. CarGuy60

CarGuy60 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Anyone who thinks Toyota is a different kind of car company, a company that will not compromise safety for profits is insane. The profit margings are all that drives Japenese American and European manufacturers. Hide a document here, trim quality there, deny deny deny. Denigrate legitamate owners complaints and watch Toyo's resale values fall fall fall. I hope the resale values do not fall as i own a Toyo, but i am watching closely ready to trade my Highlander to Ford or VW or Volvo