1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lawsuit Over Diesel Particulate Falsehoods, Etc. By UCLA Prof

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by El Dobro, Jul 14, 2012.

1. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
  2. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    There is something rotten in the state of california, when tran who faked his phd, did awful research with put out false results, and committed fraud in his hiring still has his job, but the real research professor gets fired for exposing him.

The Daily Bruin :: UCLA researcher James Enstrom not reappointed to position

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That looks like a fairly umm politically-charged media source. Just read the comment section. Straight out of the backwoods in Texas!

When I get a second I will search for other articles from a source that doesn't cater to unedumacated, gun-toting, anti-enviro wack jobs. LOL ;)

4. austingreen

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    F8L,
    I posted the article from the college newspaper. Not this is the resercher that took tobacco money. That was fine. But once you cross CARBs political machine, there is no academic standard.

I have no idea if his reaserch is good or not.

We do know tran did rearch that was bad, he was unqualified, and commited fraud.

The question is whether there is any accountability in CARB and whehter UCLA supports academic independance.

The problem is the two sets of rules.

Now if there are problems with bad science that would be a different matter, but that is not why he was fired. He seemed to be fired for purely political motives.

5. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
  6. austingreen

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    The question is do you trust your government to decide what science can be done.
    The Green Politics of Reprisals: UCLA's Enstrom Gets a Hearing on His Unfair Dismissal - Hit & Run : Reason.com
    Should Mary Nichols be able to get a professor fired because his work disagrees with her agenda? Should she be able to hide and mislead voters about research she knew was done by unqualified people, because it did serve her agenda.

It is dangerous when the government attempts to remove academic freedom, because the work conflicts with a government agenda. I am clearly biased and believe the head of carb needs to be replaced for her fraud. That she is using her position at CARB and UCLA to punish a whistle blower is further proof she needs to be removed and possible criminal charges brought to her and tran.

Telles seems like an honest man. He believes the research points to ill health effects, and this may certainly be true. He was disgusted with the cover up as all people should be.

7. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    austingreen, I was posting with tongue in cheek. The comments were ridiculous but I felt like poking fun because it was so over the top good old boy style. You know me, I want real unbiased science. If it is biased then it isn't science and people should be punished for using grant money (especially taxpayer money) for falsified research. Somebody git a rope! :)