1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LCD screen

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by vaguy, Jul 30, 2007.

1. vaguy

vaguy New Member

Ok I am a new owner and love the car. When I open the screens showing the mileage and charging, etc they stay on. I have to press the close screen button. Is this normal.? The other screens like audio close automatically.

Also and this may sound dumb!!! I do a lot of sailing etc and having a "electronic key fob" as opposed to a key to start the car caused a problem. How do I lock the car and not have to take the key fob on the water where it will get wet! Anyone else a sailor or kayaker who have solved this.?

Thanks and love the forum. B)

2. Bear68

Bear68 Member

Congrats on the Prius vaguy! Your MFD screen is working just like it should. The climate and audio screens are accessory screens and can be set to revert automatically or set to remain in place until you turn them back.

As for the keyfob, you have two options: #1 remove the little mechanical key from the fob and use it to unlock the doors. Remember to turn off the Smart Key System if you have it. #2 a ziploc bag for the fob.

#1 will work just fine. Simply holf the fob by the metal ring and slide the little tab on top until the small key slides out. Then drop the fob into a convenient hiding place inside the car and lock the doors. If you have SKS just reach down below the steering wheel and press the button marked "key" to turn off the Smart Key System.

3. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Welcome, and I see that Bear68 beat me to it. :)

When you say "close" what do you mean exactly? The default setting is to return to the Consumption or Energy screen when you go to Audio (or Climate). If you go to INFO, then SETTINGS; there's a button that will tell the screen to leave it on Audio (or Climate), rather than change.

As to your other question; your FOB has a tiny metal key that's used when the FOB's batteries go out. You leave the FOB in the car (hidden) and take the metal key with you.

4. vaguy

vaguy New Member

Ok great - knew I would get a answer here. Thanks for the advise. :) This is a great forum. I spend some time on it before I bought the car and it was great help.

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vaguy @ Jul 30 2007, 05:15 PM) [snapback]487610[/snapback]</div>
    If I'm worried about the fob getting wet when I sail, I put it in the drawer of the NAV station, or toss it onto the pilot berth. We might be talking about somewhat different sizes of boats. :rolleyes:

Tom