1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lead on an 04 with only 35k miles

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bretaz, Sep 5, 2011.

1. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just thought I would toss this out there for any of you that may be looking for a nice 04. I have a friend that sells cars for the retirement community here in Surprise when they are no longer able to drive. He mentioned that he has an 04 with only 35,700 miles coming up that belongs to an 80 year old man that is no longer able to drive. I do not know any details on the car such as color, package, price, etc. I have bought from him before, though, and he only takes cream puff one owners that are near perfect.

If anyone is interested, I will give you his contact information, and you can contact him for details.

Regards,
    Bret

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I would say that in the case of a Toyota hybrid, very low miles on the odometer is not a positive attribute with regards to traction battery service life. The car described in the OP is 7-8 years old so annual miles is 4-5K.

This means that the traction battery has had less opportunity to remain charged at the optimal level. Hopefully the 12V battery has been replaced at least once or twice by now. Also, hopefully the engine oil/oil filter was replaced at least annually.

3. Oldwolf

Oldwolf Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    I just was gifted my FIL new looking 2005 Prius that has 25K on the odo. I put 8k on the odo myself over the last 7 months. The battery cycles normally and it runs like a champ. I would look the car over and if it looks good buy it. How much are they asking for it?

4. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not sure what they are going to ask for it. I will watch his site to see if it gets posted up.

He comes up with some pretty amazing cars. Just shipped a 1970 Porsche to France for a client whos dad passed away. He has a beautiful 2002 4Runner 4x4 with 48,000 miles that I am drooling over.

5. Tyrod

Tyrod New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    wish it was closer