1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Leaf Shows Well at Laguna Seca Race Track

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by hill, Jul 9, 2011.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Surprise, surprise, surprise. (But no surprise for Leaf owners :p ) ! !
    The Nissan leaf put up a respectable show on the local race track, with its many twisty turns:

[​IMG]

Nissan Leaf Laps Laguna Seca: Video

And best of all . . . it looks like all the hand wringing about heat / cooling and Leaf traction batteries were put to bed. The only car that fell victim to battery heat issues was . . . . . . can you guess ??

Don't forget to check out the video! Surprisingly to many, the Leaf not only was able to get out of its own way . . . it actually passed a few EV's. Who knew!

:thumb:

1 person likes this.
  2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I was not aware just how much I expect engine noise. Thanks.

3. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nice video, I brought back fond memories on a Motorcycle track day I did at Laguna Seca many years ago. The Leaf driver was good. I got the impression he has lot of track time but not at Laguna Seca because he really improved towards the end.

Edit: My guess about the driver was pretty good.

This LS Leaf video if more fun. Better than the original I think. It gives you more of a feel what the track is like.
    [ame="http://vimeo.com/25694725"]Nissan Leaf at Laguna Seca - Interior View on Vimeo[/ame]