1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LEAF's gotta go, it's new car time, Kia Niro EX Hybrid WINS!!!

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by KK6PD, Dec 13, 2017.

1. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well hello all, when we last left our intrepid hero approx 3 years ago, that's me, he had just traded in his 2008 Gen II for a Nissan Leaf. I truly loved the Leaf, well 99% of it. The 1% was the battery, it was just too small, approx 70 actual miles... I have only so many years left on this planet. I would rather not spend 1/2 of them recharging a battery.
    So, I am now really interested, no, going to buy, hopefully this weekend, a 2017, good end of year discount, Kia Niro EX, NOT a Touring, with the Advanced Tech Pkg. I am hoping to get a decent trade in on the Leaf, the dealer has a online used car quote system, I will certainly badger the bejesus out of that salesguy. I would hope he sticks to the quoted prices! The Leaf really was fun to drive, well equipped, had he BEST dash layout, well except that stupid leafy tree thing....Grrrr!
    Anyway, I digress, the Niro, I first saw it on TV, a quick commercial, H'mmm a SUV Hybrid that actually gets great numbers...46/51 mpg, nice!...a year later, Leafs gotta go, what do I want, gotta be a Hybrid, sorry, I just hate the look of Gen IV... what happened, we design a advanced auto that has a rear end that looks like someone has already run into it, it ain't pretty.... so I started looking, and looking at ALL of the available options, the Niro fits my life the best. That's really what car buying is all about, economy, showboating, fun, aggression relief, whatever, everybody has their own likes etc.
    So with that in mind, the plan is to purchase the Niro on Sunday, I will be on a well deserved vacation, after a really well deserved 15 week medical leave, repair the lo-back, which is now fine, surgery. I plan to drive the hell out of it for a week, with a full tank and 550 or so range, I certainly haven't forgotten how to Hypermile. Also just because I do not have to plug it in when I pull up anywhere and park!

I will let you all know how it goes.....

73's de Pat KK6PD

Aaron Vitolins and bisco like this.
  2. NR427

NR427 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats. I went from a Leaf to an Optima plug in. I'm very happy with my Kia but now that it's cold I miss the instant heat the Leaf had. I would make the same decision again though.

Aaron Vitolins likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    all the best kk, glad your back is feeling better!(y) nice to hear from you, please keep us posted.
    what is the leaf worth? year and miles? i've considered a used one.

4. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Howdy Bisco, how are you, I hope all is well!! The Leaf is a 2014 SL, all options included. approx 25778 miles, the Blue Book trade in price I was quoted was around $9450.00 I will include my 6.6 kw EVSE unit as well as an assumable warranty. Hopefully this will help insure a good trade in price. Really looking forward to the Kis Niro, I hope it performs as expected, I will keep all updated as to the outcome!!

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    all good here, we have missed you. that's a great price, i wish we weren't at opposite ends of the country.:cool:

KK6PD likes this.