1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Leak by rear driver side

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by tartarsauce, Jan 26, 2017.

1. tartarsauce

tartarsauce New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh, ye Prius gods,

So I just got home & noticed this in my garage. It must have been there before I left, but didn't notice it this morning. Any thoughts on what it could be???

Help!
    FullSizeRender.jpg

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    looks like someone spilled something. unless you had the car backed into the garage.

how far up under the car does it go?

3. tartarsauce

tartarsauce New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here are more pics. I saw it dripping from this part. It's in the middle of the rear of the car. FullSizeRender 2.jpg IMG_1647.JPG IMG_1646.JPG

4. tartarsauce

tartarsauce New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So...crisis averted. We found a giant puddle of coffee where the spare tire is (but nothing above it). We figured out that I had my 12v battery changed about a year ago, so that would have been all opened up. One of the guys must have spilled coffee in the wheel well. And I live in a very warm climate, but it's been down in the 30's at night for the past couple of days, so the plastic stoppers that are there must have shrunk and the coffee started leaking out! I feel very sherlock holmes and only partially idiot. In any case, I'll make sure and thank pep boys for their diligence in cleaning up their mess before they give their customers their cars back. UGH. But thank you for the reply!

5. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's also possible that you have a hatch or rain gutter seam leak as many gen 2's do. keep an eye on the 12v and spare areas.

Patrick Wong likes this.