1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Learning to drive and maximize fuel economy in our new C

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by SILVERCwSUN, Jul 14, 2012.

1. SILVERCwSUN

SILVERCwSUN Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Finally a long weekend off and today I decided to continue to learn more about operating our C and maximizing the mpg's. We have rolled over the 1500 mile mark and I managed to maintain 70 mpg during a short trip today on my way back home from a town ..fun. So there is much truth in learning to drive the C being key in optimizing high mpg's. I find the C a whole lot of fun to own and drive and keeping the ECO score high obviously = better mpgs.

So far, I have not seen another C anywhere in the Charlotte or Western North Carolina and I like this. During this short period of time, it makes ownership of this neat car even that much more fun. Its a blast tooling around in a first new year model hybrid that according to Forbes magazine is one of the 15 hardest cars to find.
    We may head up and to the Blue Ridge Parkway this weekend and chill in the higher elevations.
    Cheers!

IMG_0892.JPG

IMG_0912.JPG

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What's great about these cars is you can get great mpg without doing anything special. Should you choose to learn how to drive it for efficiency then your mpg numbers will grow dramatically! 70mpg over the course of a whole tank is totally doable. In the warm months anyway.

SILVERCwSUN likes this.
  3. DC ebikes

DC ebikes New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    What's great about this car, for me anyway, is that by using a few techniques, I consistently can do 25-45mile trips and get 65-70mpg. That's crazy mileage! Conversely, driving 5 miles and making a handful of stops kills gas mileage.
    Enjoy the car!

4. vinnie97

vinnie97 Whatever Works

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Yup, I can't get past 60 mpg on a tank due to the # of short trips taken (and the most recent fillup tied my lowest tank, aka the first, most probably due to requiring A/C usage with local temps nearing 110).

5. dazeja

dazeja Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I'm in Charlotte, I got mine around the beginning of June, but I work in Winston Salem. Another friend of mine has a blue one, he got his in April. I've told everyone I can about this car. A car that get's better than advertised MPG and it's under 20,000. Amazing.

PriusCinBlack likes this.