1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

lease a Dodge Ram 1500 truck and get a free (leased) minivan?

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, Apr 21, 2007.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  2. chuck_k

chuck_k New Member

no, just a marketing package that gets to use the word "free".

Trust me, you're paying for both of those babies.

3. jonathanrohr

jonathanrohr New Member

DCX's lineup just seems really weak these days. The only two vehicles I would even consider would the 300 or Dakota, and thats based purely of off looks. Their interiors are terrible. Power and efficeny are nothing class leading. Warranty and reliability still slightly under average as well. The way I see it, if your vehicle isnt tied for first, its a failure.

I live in orlando and Im already seeing new Sebrings as rental queens. Kinda dissapointing, but many think that they shouldve just died out long ago, save maybe for Jeep.

4. ozyran

ozyran New Member

My wife and I just traded in our 2003 Dodge Intrepid.

Being a <former> Mopar man, it hurts me to say this.

I'll never be buying another Chrysler or Dodge vehicle again.

The build quality on the Intrepid was mediocre at best. Mechanically, it was sound; after only 4 years the paint had a good case of road rash from highway driving and I don't believe that all the washing and waxing in the world would have prevented that. The dashboard developed a hairline crack where the passenger's-side airbag installed into the dash. Overall fit and finish on the car was sub-par. The power window on the driver's side always seemed to struggle to roll up and down; I think it was the initial assembly of the car that caused the problem.

Oh, and as for the engine, the 2.7L V-6 it had has a history of building up sludge in the crankcase and going BOOM. Transmissions are also sketchy in the DaimlerChryslers as well.

So, in other words, there's a reason that they're giving us such a great deal. Buyer (leaser?) beware!

5. ServoScanMan

ServoScanMan Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ozyran @ Apr 23 2007, 09:32 PM) [snapback]428792[/snapback]</div>
    I too am a former Mopar man. In my younger years, I owned a 1970 GTX with a 440, a 1969 Charger RT with a 440 and a 1970 Duster. We are currently on our last Dodge I'll ever buy. The quality and reliability are just not there. And GM and Ford are no better in my opinion.