1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Leather next time?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by pdxrose, Jul 5, 2009.

1. pdxrose

pdxrose New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I found one very small thread from a test driver but would appreciate more feedback. After searching 3 states, the only Sandy Beach Metallic models I can find are a III or IV with Navigation. Net price difference of over $4,000. There is one winter gray IV with leather and no nav, priced in the middle. I put a deposit on the III today knowing I can do leather after for $1,000 to $1,500 but what about the cloth arm material about the arm rests on the II doors? :eek: The car will be used to go hiking, etc. with friends which means dirt. While there is not one IV or V in the whole PDX metro area right now to "look" at, it's my understanding they have a different side material in addition to a cup holder on each front door (Toyota really could have sprung for this on all models). Thanks!

2. Manolo1

Manolo1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    there is no cup holder on any door...
    where did you get that info?

I have leather for resale purposes and definitely prefer cloth...

3. dmvp

dmvp Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There aren't cup holders per se, but they are sized to fit a standard water bottle. IE: small plastic water bottle purchased from a gas station, etc.

I have Sandy Beach Metallic in a IV without Nav. (leather), so not sure what to say about the cloth option.

4. pdxrose

pdxrose New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You are correct. I finally had a chance to see one with leather. The are door cut outs that hold a water bottle. I suspect I am going to miss my CRV's storage areas as I have never had more and manage to use it all. I ended up ordering a III with dark cloth so all good. Pick up next Friday in northern ID so will get to test it out back to western WA. Enjoy your leather!

5. dmvp

dmvp Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Congratulations!! I'm sure you're going to love it. Post pics when you pick it up!! :D

6. drbrr

drbrr New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    McCord Toyota didn't have any? Do they have any coming in? I purchased my Blizzard Pearl V with NAV there a couple weeks ago, and I thought they had others coming in. I know at that time they just got in a BP V with AT. I found them to be really great to deal with, and we got a good price.

7. pdxrose

pdxrose New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    They were very professional but could not guaranty delivery of either color I wanted by 7/31, in any model, by the time the WA hybrid tax holiday ends. I asked them if they would pay it if they did not deliver and the answer was no (cannot blame them). I intend to go there for service. PS they quoted me MSRP and free all weather mats - same as every other dealer was not offering north of CA. Glad you like your car!

8. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    what about some good weatherguard seat covers that can be taken out and washed?

9. GreenPri2009

GreenPri2009 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree with you, all the cloth Prius' I saw looked very fragile, that's why I spent the extra for the leather. Of course, with that I had to get blue tooth, etc. but am still happy I made the leather decision.

Undoubtedly, cloth is cooler in summer and warmer in winter.