1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Leather Seat installation in NYC area?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by sjj10025, Sep 21, 2004.

1. sjj10025

sjj10025 New Member

Does anyone here have any experience (good or bad) with having leather installed on the Prius' upholstery in or around New York City? Is there a really good place to have it done?

Is there a particular kind of leather that's best?

Also, can the rear seats still fold down completely with leather?

Thanks...

2. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

there was a recent thread on here about someone being happy with their katzkin leather seats. i went to their web site (www.katzkin.com) and since i am on long island, 3 sites came up. one is in woodside.

however i cannot vouch for the quality of any of the shops, having never used them. and of course there are other leather seats available, and it has been suggested that a good body and/or upholstery shop can install some of the kits.

apparently katzkin restricts to authorized installation centers which theoretically should mean a good job but practically, the system is only as good as their oversight of who they appoint.