1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Leather

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Silver Surfer, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I just noticed that in my backseat it looks like leather is missing. The panels are on each side of the seat back between the seat and the side of the car. It is covered in the cloth of non leather Prius's.
    The dealer said he will check in to it for me and was not sure if it was supposed to be leather???

Also the steering wheel is not leather wrapped?

It also looks like the center console lid had a shaped piece covered in leather that was put on right over the cloth console lid. It makes it larger than normal and a little more difficult to close.

They told me that the leather was added at Port (Jacksonville).

Anyone have leather out there that can verify any of this info or tell me what they have in their Prius?

Thanks,
    Jim

2. bredekamp

bredekamp Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Does this help? My 2006 EURO spec Prius interior.

[attachmentid=10412]

[attachmentid=10411]

[attachmentid=10410]

[attachmentid=10413]

Attached Files:

3. CMonster

CMonster Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have port-added leather and those rear seat side pieces are regular fabric in my car too. My console and door armrest covers are also standard Prius fabric. And the steering wheel is not leather wrapped. That's the difference between factory leather and port-added leather.

BTW, I recovered the console myself and don't have any problems closing the lid.

4. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CMonster @ Aug 6 2007, 01:41 PM) [snapback]491352[/snapback]</div>

First, thanks for the pictures they helped alot.
    Second, I just heard from my dealer and he is going to have their leather guy redo the console, install leather covered steering wheel, and add leather to the rear panels next to the seats. They are doing it as a warranty claim.
    Jim