1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Leatherette seat covers from gtcovers.com

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by prius4us, Mar 3, 2005.

1. prius4us

prius4us New Member

I ordered two-tone leatherette custom seat covers from gtcovers.com. I have small kids so I needed something more kid proof than the original seat fabric. I was considering having the seats replaced with leather, then I saw that the leatherette covers might serve the same purpose, as well as save me $$. I ordered samples from gtcovers and saw the L2 and L4 samples. I thought L2 by itself might be too light and L4 too dark, so I decided to get the combo. The center is perforated, so it really does look like two-tone leather from afar. It looks very nice in my ivory interior. When you order the front seat covers, it comes with a center console cover. So the center console fabric cover is also leatherette.

Pictures are posted at the following link:
    http://priuschat.com/forums/album_personal...hp?user_id=4162

The front seats were not that hard to install. But the rear seats were challenging for me. I used a wooden spoon to help tuck in the fabric. I did not remove the bottom rear seats since I'm not strong enough to lift up the bench, nor felt comfortable removing it. I just tucked the fabric as best as possible and it looks like it will stay put okay.

Cost for front and rear seat covers were $169.95 each. Getting the two-tone leatherette was the most expensive option, but still much cheaper than replacing with leather. gtcovers.com also offers other fabrics at a lower cost. The velour fabric is just $129.95 per set so I think they are good value.

2. mswhealer

mswhealer New Member

Thank you so much for posting the pictures. I am just waiting a few months to get a little extra dough so that I can order them from GT. I am not sure I am crazy about the two-tone though. I too, ordered samples, but they NEVER arrived! If I were to choose either the light or the dark brown which one would you suggest? From the pictures, the light brown, looks like it may match a little better. It also looks like you have exactmats? Do you like those?

3. prius4us

prius4us New Member

The L2 (Buckskin Leatherette) is a closer match to the original ivory fabric than the L4 (Tan Leatherette). The L4 leatherette by itself would complement the car's interior if you wanted to go a little darker, but L2 leatherette is definitely a closer match. It also took a while to receive my samples, but if you have been waiting 2+ weeks, then call gtcovers again. I think the two-tone leatherette looks great! It actually looks better in person, but if you want to just use one color, it'll be a little cheaper. I love the Exactmats in my car. I highly recommend getting package 3 Exactmats which is a three piece set, instead of 4. The rear mat is one piece and covers the hump. Promise that you'll also post pictures of your seat covers after you receive them.