1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prime MID display issues (lost settings, leaves don't turn into apples)

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by HypersonicPrime, Nov 17, 2017.

1. HypersonicPrime

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    A few days ago I got in my car and when when I turned it on I saw the tops of the round symbols that are usually on the large 11" screen up on the multi-information-display. These are the Info, App Suite, Destination, and Phone buttons. This really confused me because I didn't think any of that was available up on the MID. The steering wheel buttons did nothing to affect them. After poking around on the 11" screen for a minute the buttons on the MID disappeared and I went on with my day. I haven't seen them up there since. Later, I noticed many of my settings were reset (but not all). My map setup was reset (no more mini-map). My saved destinations and radio stations were still intact. Today it reminded me I could use auto high-beams if the button was enabled and I turn on high beams (I'd never seen this reminder and it was daylight--why get that reminder at that time?). These things were weird, but didn't affect me much.

Today I noticed that whenever I approach any of the stored leaves (Predictive Efficient Drive locations), none turn into the "granny smith apples". In other words, PED is not functioning. I tried turning it off (but saving the locations) and back on. That did not work. I don't want to delete out and reset the locations to see if that's it because it takes a few weeks for it to learn all of them.

Has anyone else had these issues (I've read of screen resets on these forums but not this issue)? Any suggestions for the PED leaf issue?

2. SteveMucc

SteveMucc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    yeah, the entune on the mfd is a known issue. I think they have an initialization sequence bug in their code.

It's very interesting that it can happen, however.

it sort of implies that the "display" to the SW is really one large single screen with the MFD being on top.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Just being a bit of a troll: if you could go back in time, say 6~7 years, and saw the thread title "Leaves don't turn into apples...", what the heck would you think, lol.

HypersonicPrime and Prodigyplace like this.
  4. VTBIGDOG

VTBIGDOG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    If you look at the bottom of the NAV screen, you'll see the top of one of those buttons. Use your finger and touch it and drag it up the screen and that will cause all four buttons to appear. Pressing the home button will drop them down again

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

5. HypersonicPrime

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Those buttons work fine on the large display. However, they should not have been in the small display near the speedometer.

Update: My PED began working today. It was either due to me doing a soft reset (holding audio button) or coincidence.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The 4 menu balls (App Suite, Destination, Phone, Info) can be duplicated in the MID if one swipes up on the MFD (instead of pressing MENU).

Prodigyplace likes this.
  7. HypersonicPrime

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I just went and checked and that's probably what I saw! What's the purpose of that though? You can't interact with those menus via the MID screen next to the speedometer. Also, I still don't understand how things got reset. It'd take too many menu taps for me to have done that accidentally. At least it's all back to normal. I'm at almost 1000 miles and no issues other than this settings reset.

8. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well the idea is instead of fumbling for the MENU button then looking for your bubble, you can swipe up without looking and you can scroll left-right also without looking at the screen but you can see it at the corner of your eye up high on the MID. Once you find the bubble you want, you only have to look once to find button you want to press or if it's muscle memory, you can probably find the middle of the button on the screen by memory.

HypersonicPrime likes this.
  9. Krypto

Krypto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I need some help with the MID display. When I drove my Prius Prime Advanced home from the dealer the speed limit was displayed in the MID along with the name of the street we were on. I don't think I had the Nav on driving home because I knew where I was going. Can anyone tell me how to restore at least the street name on the MID? I've messed around with all the settings and can't figure out how to do it.

10. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Use the right directional pad on the steering to navigate the MID

upload_2018-1-14_20-0-17.png

Until you get to the navigation one (between the "i" and the music icons)

upload_2018-1-14_19-59-32.png

Krypto and Mark57 like this.