1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Leaving for 500 mi. drive.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by desertrider2215, Jun 3, 2010.

1. desertrider2215

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Any recommendations on checking things out on my car before I leave? 128,600 miles. I have my tire pressure at 42/40 and plan to drive from OC to Sacramento..so 500 miles or so I believe. anything else I should be checking?

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The two most common reasons why you find a car on the side of the road or in a no-start condition is a bad tire or a dead battery. Hence I've addressed those items on the list below:

1. Perform the scheduled maintenance for 100K and 120K miles if this has not yet been done
    2. Check tire tread depth, replace tires as needed
    3. Determine condition of 12V battery, replace if marginal, or as a preventive measure if original equipment
    4. Consider replacing serpentine drive belt and inverter coolant pump as a preventive measures

3. w2co

w2co Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Make sure the engine oil is not over full mark, and check all other fluid levels, other than that you're good to go. That is assuming you had the 100k maintenance Patrick mentioned above..Have a safe trip.