1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LED Fog Lamp Recomendations

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by butchbs1985, Jan 19, 2013.

1. butchbs1985

butchbs1985 Taking things apart is fun!

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I got sick of replacing the fog lights every time they broke so last time one broke I put clear vinyl film designed and cut for them over the new lamps that I installed. I noticed today that the plastic film on one of the lamps is brown and bubbly like it got so hot that the vinyl burnt.

I don't think that using them without plastic is a good solution because they'll break but apparently they get too hot for the plastic. Does anyone use LED lamps? I'd like to keep the bright output but understand that I'll loose some most likely.

I found a bunch on Google / Amazon but most of the ones with light output listed are only at 100 lumens and the others are 'Super Bright' which I'm sure means nothing. Recommendations? The Prius must not monitor their energy consumption because when one failed in the past I didn't get any errors.

Thanks!