1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LED Headlight Upgrade: Seeking Advice on Housing Conversions for Better Light Focus

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by BigDadSmallPrius, Sep 12, 2024 at 8:07 AM.

1. BigDadSmallPrius

BigDadSmallPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got my kit off Amazon about this time last year. My HIDs were flickering/shutting off.
    The LED kit I got was all plug and play.
    I do most my driving at night and be not had any operational issues with the LED bulbs themselves whatsoever. And the kit if I recall was less then 1/3rd the price of 1 HID replacement bulb.
    One thing I would like to do is buy a set of headlight housings, or convert a set(my HID housings or buy a set of halogen housings to convert) to help with the light scatter a bit. It’s not bad or unbearable in the HID housings that are currently on my 07 Priius, but would like to tighten up the beams a bit.
    With that being said, I haven’t had anyone flash their lights at me for mine being “too bright”. And that’s saying something as the majority of my driving is done during the night.
    A while back I read about someone converting their HID housing, removing the front reflector, to use for LED to eliminate scatter and make the lights beam straight ahead more efficiently. I was considering doing that(if I could find the post again) or trying to find a good set of purpose made housings.
    I remember one guy saying there was a fella, a 2nd Gen enthusiast on the east coast who did the conversions. You’d ship your housings to him, he’d convert them and ship them back. But again, I can’t find that information anymore in the threads I read about it on FB.
    Anyone have any suggestions or available recommendations other then the cheap eBay housings?