1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LED interior accents on prime?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Templeton, Sep 25, 2024 at 9:45 PM.

1. Templeton

Templeton New Member

Vehicle:
    2025 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Looking at getting a prius prime.

For those that have one, l think l saw that they have a red LED accent light strip on the dash?

Can that be turned off at night? Can it be turned off always?

2. RandyPete

RandyPete Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    On a 2025 Prius ?

3. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Yes it can. But it also has a couple brightness settings so it automatically dims at night and even further when the car is put into gear.

I swapped my blue LED for the red(they both behave the same) and I almost never notice it while driving at night(even in the middle of nowhere).

Templeton likes this.
  4. Templeton

Templeton New Member

Vehicle:
    2025 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Good to know. But they can be shut off fully too? Which menu does one go to to turn the LED off fully?

5. Hammersmith

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Yes it can. (is the mask muffling my voice? /dp reference lol)

Unfortunately you're going to either need the dealer or some type of scantool. Carly and Carista might also work. The setting is called 'Instrument Panel Ornament Lights'.

I thought it was changeable from one of the screens, but I just looked at the manual and it's a dealer option.

6. Templeton

Templeton New Member

Vehicle:
    2025 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks. Too bad it's not in a user menu. But l have a Carista, so l will try that ...

7. purplePriii

purplePriii Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you keep your old blue ones and if so, do you have pictures of the system? And did you unplug 2 (one on each end of the dash) or 3 connectors for it? It seems there might be a third connector to control the flashing on the passenger side and I saw some people looking for it.

As for OP, Carista can turn it off. I have a DIY version of the LED accent light and can turn it off in Carista. I also did think there was a way to do it from the car but it could be for the footwell lights only.

8. Hammersmith

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I've still got them, so I'll take some pics. I'm pretty sure I remember one connector on the short drivers side, and one connector on each end of the long passenger side.

9. Templeton

Templeton New Member

Vehicle:
    2025 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Do 2024 prius primes (SEs) come with red or blue LED accent lights in the cabin?

10. purplePriii

purplePriii Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks! Someone claimed on an XLE they unplugged both ends and the passenger side was still getting power so it seems there might be another power source/controller for the passenger side.

Also apparently the color is dictated by little projectors similar to the footwell lights? It's hard to find info on the system itself so maybe through pics I can see what could give me notifications on the passenger side!

Hybrid or HEV is blue.
    Plug in hybrid or PHEV is red.

SE doesn't get the red accent lights, footwell lights nor the full brake light in the back (and a couple other stuff, maybe heated seats in the US I think?). Those three weren't mentioned on Toyota's website so hard to find the info.

11. Hammersmith

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Correct on the heated seats. I believe all have the heated steering wheel, XLE/XSE have the heated seats, LTD/XSE+ have heated+ventilated.

12. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    I was prepared to be annoyed by the lights, and wondering if I'd have to turn it off particularly as I'm sensitive to LED strobing.

But it does dim sufficiently, and the strobing isn't too obtrusive - I don't normally notice it. So I've left them enabled.

The lights do have one function which is the blinking to grab your attention when a car ahead pulls away - that is lost if you turn off the lights.

13. Templeton

Templeton New Member

Vehicle:
    2025 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Good news that the prime SE doesn't have the LEDs. Thanks.