1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Legislation (S.1273)

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bwilson4web, Oct 14, 2017.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I leave it to the moderators to figure out where this belongs. Personally, I think it is news as I don't see it as part of the usual partisan pillow fight. It affects future mileage requirements which is why I think it is important:

Source: http://www.ucsusa.org/sites/default/files/attach/blunt-vehicle-bill.pdf

My interest comes from the ambiguous title, "S. 1273 - Fuel Economy Harmonization Act" because I was concerned it might be an effort to gut and roll CARB in a Federal standard. But has the opposition has pointed out, this is an effort to 'soften' truck/SUV standards. By averaging in car advances, prior year advances, the truck/SUV manufacturers get a 'freebie.' In effect, double counting the mileage gains made before.

For symmetry, the Act needs a clause that retro-active applies the truck/SUV mileage to the 2009 car mileage. This would result in significant penalties owed by the manufactures ... which could be paid by installation of CCS chargers. <GRINS>

Bob Wilson

pilotgrrl likes this.