1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Less than 100 Miles

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by rsforkner, Apr 11, 2008.

1. rsforkner

rsforkner Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I brought my new Prius home Tuesday, April 8th. Wow, this looks like it is going to be fun. I traded my 2007 Camry. Today I start my first real trip in the Prius, about 400 miles.

I'll check back after the trip.

Pictures are available on my web site: Forkner Home Page

2. Tbirdtony

Tbirdtony New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Robert,
    I ordered a 2008 Prius similar to yours (Barcelona Red Metallic, #3 option package) on the day you picked yours up. I would be interested in hearing about how the Prius did on your 400 mile trip. Enjoy your new car.

3. rsforkner

rsforkner Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    OK, first half is complete. I pulled in the driveway at my brother's house. The "Consumption Screen" said 195 miles at 47.2 MPG. I am VERY impressed. The first 100 miles or so is the Florida Turnpike. I set the cruse on 75 mph and let it roll for the most part. The rest of the trip was about 50% 2 lane and the last part was mostly urban and 2 lane mixed. On the first 2 lane I set the cruse at 65. A couple of traffic jams and the engine turned off and the electric took over for several miles of stop and go, less than 5 mph. Again, I am VERY impressed so far. Only one down side: The speedometer is very hard to see with sunglasses on. Bob