1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Less Than 24 Hours and a Flat - Karma?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by meyerwc, Mar 16, 2008.

1. meyerwc

meyerwc New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just went out to the garage to check on the new car (had it less than 24 hours) and low and behold, a flat tire. There was screw in the driver's side rear tire.

Now for those that do not believe in karma.

The day we took the wife's Escape to the Toyota dealer in order to get a trade in quote, we noticed a screw in the driver's side rear tire.

We did not do anything about it and traded it in as is. Now it has come back to haunt us.

Traded in one car with a screw in the tire and got one back in return.

Now that is karma.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I once took a car to the dealer for regular maintenance. As I drove off the lot and into traffic, I noticed a thumpity-thumpity that clearly sped up and slowed down as I did. Pulling into the next car lot, I checked all the tires and sure enough there was a screw in the tire.

I drove it back to the dealership, flogged down the same guy who had helped me and showed him the screw. He was apologetic, embarrassed, and had the tire fixed immediately for free.

I chalk it up to "these things happen."

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi meyerwc, welcome to PriusChat! I guess you were screwed by instant karma. Or should that be carma? Too many screws loose...

4. HardCase

HardCase SilverPineMica, the green one

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've noticed over the years that flat tires come in threes. You've had two now......

5. HardCase

HardCase SilverPineMica, the green one

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    .....oh, forgot, one other thing. Have you ever wondered how it is that screws and nails manage to be driven straight into the tread of a tire at a 90 degree angle? I mean, what is that about, how does it happen??? I've yet to see a screw/nail laying in the road standing on-end. :confused:

6. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That was your new Prius, asking you to trade in those OEM tires for a decent set...
    :)