1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Less visible window etching?

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by epithumia, Feb 15, 2012.

1. epithumia

epithumia Average Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I know this is odd, but I had to order my Prius v five w/ATP (since the dealership I bought from had never seen a five, much less the ATP stuff) and when it arrived it came with window tinting (which is great) and this... rather gaudy but thankfully small Prius v logo and "pinstripe" etched into the bottom inch or so of the four side windows.

Didn't really want to refuse the purchase over something that minor, and happy to get the free window tint I went ahead and bought it, but after spending some time getting a preferred seating position worked out I realized that it's actually annoying as it obscures the view of the passenger side mirror. It's not horrible, but after dropping that much on a new car you kind of hope for perfection and so far the car has delivered except for this dumb thing that some other dealership decided all of their cars need to have.

Of course the etching is less visible when it is wet. Has anyone experimented with or heard of anything which might make it less visible permanently?