1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Let PriusChat help you find you a Prius - new Price Quote Request form

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Danny, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    These days it's not very easy to find a Prius at your local dealership, let alone negotiate a fair price. PriusChat is trying to help you find your Prius (or any other car) through our new Price Quote Request Form.

All you have to do is fill out the simple information provided on the Price Quote Request page, then a dealer will contact you with pricing and information on the next steps. By submitting a request directly through PriusChat, you save yourself the hassle of having to contact dealerships near you to find out their availability and pricing - let them come to you!

I look forward to receiving your feedback on this program. Hopefully we'll have a lot of success stories come out of it!

New Car Price Quote - PriusChat

2010_Prius_I_White likes this.
  2. ChrisTaylor

ChrisTaylor New Member

Thanks Danny for posting this. I look forward to using the new car price quote soon.

3. joyceww

joyceww New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    How long does it take to receive a quote or other info? I filled out the request about a week ago. Of course I don't imagine there are any Prius out there looking for homes.

4. Happy_2008_PriusPkg2Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have sort'a the reverse situation ?

How do I find a buyer for my 2008 Prius
    when the dealer can't assure me when
    my new 2009 Prius will be here. They
    say that Toyota isn't saying when the
    2009 Prius cars will begin to arrive. "It's
    a surprise".

What is the approximate value (range)
    that I might reasonably expect to sell
    my 2008 red PKG 2 Prius in October or
    November that will have approximately
    28,000 miles on it in Oct/Nov ? I drive
    a good bit in my work, but I'm a non-
    smoker, have no pets, no kids, only
    rarely do I have another occupant in
    the car. The back seat has never been
    used - rear compartment cover is like
    brand new and thick rubber mats cover
    the Toyota carpet mats, back-up cam,
    keyless remote entry and start.

Thanks much - Bill, the newbie !

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Who gets these quotes? Do they go to dealers registered with Priuschat?

6. Tchagray

Tchagray New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi all,
    I finally started shopping my Prius after much research. (I know, my timing couldn't be worse!) I knew more than the dealers, no one was much interested in doing anything other than ordering an '09 for me and, basically, "you take whatever the factory has packaged". One dealer told me that if any customer backed out of their '08 order, they would automatically upgrade it with a better option pkg. - no matter what it came with - and it would be resold at a much higher price & that way only!

Anyway, besides putting a huge deposit down for a "loaner" vehicle when it comes out of service at the dealership after 8 mo., isn't there any hope for us out here? One guy had EXACTLY what I wanted on the lot and he said it was going into service as a loaner. Even the loaner, sold as certified pre-owned, will be at sticker supposedly. Why would I want a loaner at sticker when I can order a new one?

I find these dealers so arrogant about the Prius. But I have only been at the 1st stage shopping, not exactly going in with cash in hand yet. So my question is, how will the quote form assist me? How will it be different than the dealership? And does Toyota know how miffed us Prius wannabes are getting?

Wouldn't you think they'd have had more in production by 2008? They created a great green alternative, now let us have it!! :confused:

Sorry about the rant, but it's hard to be all psyched up about a new car and then discover there are none. Well, like the song says "Every silver lining has a Touch of Gray"!

7. watson318

watson318 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am trying to sell my 2007 Prius... I wish I new how to get a hold of that waiting list.
    [email protected]

8. Tchagray

Tchagray New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Why don't you post in the local Louisiana forum? (Check on the main board). I'd take advantage of it but it's too far away. Check out other areas of chat also to post. Good Luck

9. Northee

Northee New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Availability changes fast. I got my 09 Prius in Nov, 2008 from a dealer with 80 Prius models available. I got $2400 off list with package 2. More expensive packages were offering $3,000 off. It is tough times for car sales, but great for buyers!

10. frogpond1

frogpond1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    When your in the Price Quotes page the model year only goes up to 2009 and does not include 2010. Kinda tough to fill out without the correct year.

11. PriusGirlyGirl

PriusGirlyGirl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm actually still trying to get a good deal on the new 2010 Prius II, base package. It's been the most frustrating experience, as the dealers are quite arrogant as one poster noted. I even offered to pay with a check right then and there at one of the largest Toyota dealers around the area. The asst. manager was such a prick - he just said "I don't care about your cash". So no negotiations were made that day even though I was there for hours. So I am still holding out for a great deal. If anyone knows where I can get the avg. $3000 off the invoice - that would be great! I know with any other car - the dealers are throwing them at you but since the demand is so high for the new Prius - dealers are expecting to get people willing to pay MSRP - which I think is so DUMB!!! You aren't supposed to pay full for any car, not to mention MSRP. I just want it so that I don't have to fill up so often. If I can go by driving a camry for about 6-7 weeks (to-from work) without filling up, imagine how long I can go with a Prius! I probably wouldn't have to fill up more than 3-4 times a year! That would be awesome, as I hate gas stations. And think the Prius interior is amazing. Other than that - I just want a reliable car.

12. tpfun

tpfun New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My advice is not to narrow your choices down to one vehicle. No model or make is perfect for anyone's needs.

13. sunvia

sunvia Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    i have searched for several months for a good used 2010 prius.. I have been contacted by a couple dozen dealers in southern calif..
    All want at least $22000 for a prius ii....auto trader has a few for
    under $20,000...some with under 20,000 miles....i found one from
    hertz for $17,900 with 24,000 miles....i bought a hertz car a few years ago and it was a good car...i don't know how renters drive
    a prius, and don't know if it would be a good idea to purchase this type car from a rental company... Has anyone had any experience with a rental prius?

14. dinger_greg

dinger_greg New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I personally would stay away from purchasing a prior rental vehicle. Chances are you would be getting a vehicle with 24k on it that the previous drivers beat up on. The benefit of rental cars is that they are usually maintained well.

15. ocdolphingray

ocdolphingray Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Danny: for someone who just wants Nav and leather, should i get a III or a IV? also, if you dont order Nav from Toyota, can you install anaftermarket one?

16. Mike81b

Mike81b New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I am also new to the site..
    I want to buy.
    2011 prius model V fully loaded for $34k

Dealer offered lease $668/per month
    @5% apr
    $17k at the ballon payment

Trade-in $7800
    amount owed $$10.8k

Given my credit score is sub par and I am not approved for financing I really want to become apart of the Prius family. Not to mentioned I make really good money and can afford the monthly payment.

Pros:
    I have to drive up from Groton, CT to Rhode island then onto Washington state and I do not have room to fit all of my things in my current car.
    350z needs about $1750-2500 of work which I don't want to pay for.

What should I do?

17. deminmartin10

deminmartin10 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You will find all sorts of sites on any topic under the sun from airplanes to zebras. ... You may be asking yourself exactly how internet chat might possibly help ... comes at cheap price as well as lets chat in a comfortable manner.
    --------------
    Demin Martin

18. PriusGrad

PriusGrad New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    SWEET. Registering was worth while for sure. Off to get a quote.

19. amylase

amylase New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I find Prius value fluctuates quite a bit. My friend got a 2009 make Prius 3rd gen i-Tech for $33k without solar roof. I got mine (2010 make, 3rd gen i-Tech with solar roof) for $39k. Especially after the tsunami, dealers pretty much shout any price they like.

20. JeffHastings

JeffHastings Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A