1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Let the games begin

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by awindhorst, Mar 30, 2007.

1. awindhorst

awindhorst Junior Member

I just bought my Prius. Its a little black beauty, its a 2006 with 12,052 miles on it. I think it is the base model as it does not have any bells and whistles. In the 2 days I have had it i have driven 250 miles on half a tank! Sweet. My previous vehicle was a 1993 toyota pickup it got 16 mpg!

2. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(awindhorst @ Mar 30 2007, 12:23 PM) [snapback]414877[/snapback]</div>
    Congrats! Where are the pics?

3. iaowings

iaowings New Member

I loved that. When I first got my prius I would keep thinking it was time to fill up on gas because I had gone to work for 4 days without putting gas in it. When I bought my prius my commute was 21- 27 miles one way depending on traffic and the rout I took. It was so hard to believe a car could drive that far on 10 gallons of gas. Then it donned on me I am getting (it was spring) 52mpg I am using about 1 gallon of gas to get to and from work instead of 2- 2.5.

I as so excited about my mpg even if I got 45mpg for a tank now I get mad if my mpg is not 48<.

4. tanglefoot

tanglefoot Whee!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(awindhorst @ Mar 30 2007, 10:23 AM) [snapback]414877[/snapback]</div>
    Congrats!! Have fun with it! The Pri just blows my mind! I cannot believe how awesome it is.

I'm also from the Toyota truck side--I've got an '85 4Runner. It usually gets around 20 mpg though. The Pri electric motor torque is great, but the bouncy leaf springs and solid axles are a little better suited for crawling around on old mining roads. B)

My justification is that if I sold it, the next owners would drive it a lot more than I do, so by keeping it, since I hardly ever drive it, I'm lowering overall emmissions. :D

All its emissions controls are in-place, and it would easily pass an emissions test for my previous Acura Integra 1.8L. So it's pretty green for a truck! :lol:

Eric