1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Letter in South African Popular Mechanics

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bredekamp, Mar 11, 2007.

1. bredekamp

bredekamp Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I post this letter here since it would not have been published in USA Popular Mechanics. I did not write it. I just saw it and found it interesting. Please comment.

Attached Files:

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    An interesting letter-to-the-editor, Albertus. I think electric powered vehicles are clearly the future of personal transportation. While electric vehicles have been around for over 150 years, until quite recently, historically, they have not had the range and speed to make them practical. The challenge in vehicle propulsion systems has always been finding a fairly high-density energy source that was fairly easy to handle. New battery and ultra-capacitor systems can solve that problem.

I think ultra-capacitors and as-yet-undeveloped solid-state energy sources, which don't rely on chemical conversion, will be the ultimate solution. For electricity, the distribution problem has been solved.

3. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Albertus @ Mar 11 2007, 02:23 PM) [snapback]403899[/snapback]</div>
    This is sweet news, good find! I never did like the idea of hydrogen as a fuel.

Wildkow