1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lexus CT200H wheels on my Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Blinkn09, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Blinkn09

Blinkn09 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't know if this has been done yet...but I'm thinking of putting the Lexus ct200h wheels onto my Prius. Not sure how they're going to look, but I've always been a fan of OEM wheels and I've been looking for a while for decent looking rims that don't look cheap.

I think it will fit since the bolt pattern is also 5x100, and the offset should be +45, not sure what the current offset of the 17" prius rims are at.

Let me know if you guys have done it and post pictures if you have!

Going to pick them up tonight.

Thanks!

2. D Unit

D Unit Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Will look great but too bad they weigh in at 21 lbs.

3. Blinkn09

Blinkn09 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Oh yeah? How do you know that? do you know how much the 17" Prius wheels weight?

4. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Toyota Matrix wheels, though I don't know about their weight!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kenichols29 likes this.
  5. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    If I were doing that I would go for the F-Sport Trident wheels:

[​IMG]

6. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Totally sweet, but probably very expensive!

7. Blinkn09

Blinkn09 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Man, those look sweet! The 5 axis looks good too but I for some reason they look not as good in person in my opinion.

8. SmellyTofu

SmellyTofu Average punter

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Like so... looks OK. With +45 of the CT, the wheels are right on the limits of the front guard. I have the Toyota Caldina wheels which are the same offsets and width as the CT and so far, they've been good in terms of clearance. Only minor thing to bear in mind is that the steering scrub radius will change. I haven't done enough driving to really notice it much in terms of its effects such as significant increased steering effort and kickbacks going over a bump.

9. Blinkn09

Blinkn09 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Man, those look great. Exactly what I want ha ha. Thanks for that picture and info! I hope it doesn't rub :(

1 person likes this.
  10. SmellyTofu

SmellyTofu Average punter

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Btw, standard 17x7" Prius wheels are +50 so they're 5mm further inside the guards and do weigh 21lb (according to people here that have weighed it). I'm sure CT may be a bit lighter as mine are (You'll have to google it). It won't be light but at least it won't be as heavy as standard 17".

11. Blinkn09

Blinkn09 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Got my new wheels installed today!

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/69192879@N04/6290569153/"]IMAG0434 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6106/6290569153_f55ed9dc37_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@6290569153@@AMEPARAM@@f55ed9dc37[/ame]

Sorry, I can't figure out how to post pictures.[​IMG]

12. You sure got those quick. Looks great! What tires did you get?

13. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    They look great. Is it flush? How much were they? You need to lower the car now. :D

14. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Really nice, and have you observed any change in mileage!

15. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    They look great! If I was rich I would consider them or the Plus Package wheels to replace my current wheels.

16. Blinkn09

Blinkn09 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    @ Chiefseattleprius I got some 215/45/17 Dunlop Direzza's from Discount Tire. I wanted to get the kumo's or falken ziex but they did not have them in stock. I'll see how these ride.
    Tire Details - Discount Tire

@Macmaster05 Yeah, they're pretty flush, I love them! These wheels were rare in my search for OEM wheels. I didn't like the Scion wheels, people asked to much for the 17" prius wheels, and I didn't like the matrix wheels posted above as much either. I almost bought the Lexus hs250 wheels but they had the 5x114 bolt pattern so these lexus ct200h wheels were the only ones that would fit and looked good in my opinion. They cost about $1000 for rims and tires installed.
    I made a pact to myself not to ever lower a car again; I don't want to sacrifice comfort and having the stress of constantly dodge bumps in the road. Ha ha

@Sergiospl I haven't ran through a whole tank yet, but I put about 150 miles on them and I'm still at 51.7mpg. I'll let you know when I finish a tank.

@F8L I was calling everywhere for those plus package wheels! No one had them =( Oh well.

1 person likes this.
  17. Thanks a lot man :(. I've been on the search for the perfect rims for 8 months now. Nothing really catches my eye but these tC rims are much better to look at when compared to the OEM 15's.

Anyways, the wheels look great and I'm with you on not lowering the car. I encounter too many steep driveways and unusually huge speed bumps in my daily commute.

18. Blinkn09

Blinkn09 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks! Five axis has decent looking wheels. Get some CT200 wheels! ha ha or matrix. I wonder if the camry se wheels would fit, those look nice too!

19. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    ^Regarding tC wheels, Lexus wheels, matrix wheels, etc - It just depends what look you're going for. Those will always give you an OEM look no matter what, with the exception of the tC rims. Most people won't be able to tell you "got rims."

There's also the tuning/race-track rims which can be as inexpensive as Buddy Clubs or as nice as Rays or Wedssports, which are usually forged. These rims usually maintain traditional designs. This is what I'm into - they're typically lightweight, JDM, so perfect for the Prius.

Then there's the luxury level, like Asanti and Vossen, which give luxury cars the VIP look. You don't typically see those on Priuses because well, they just don't match.

These are just a few categories as I see them.

20. Bigleftyinaz

Bigleftyinaz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This is funny cause I own a CT and want the 17" Prius wheels.