1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lexus CX SUV based on RAV4 coming: rumour

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by ggood, Jul 7, 2011.

1. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Lexus CX SUV based on RAV4 coming: rumour | Car Advice | Reviews

The new model is also said to include some kind of hybrid powertrain, possibly coming from the Hybrid Camry. The Hybrid Camry’s powertrain consists of a Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive system incorporating a 2.4-litre four-cylinder petrol engine combined with an electric motor to provide an overall output of 110kW and 187Nm.

Attached Files:

2. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    it was noted by Toyota, in the past, that they were making the rav4 a hybrid.

my guess that their strategy is going be a mix of hybrid or gas then the gas will be phased out altogether.

they also made statments in the past that by 2012 all vehicles would be hybrids.

they're not going to make that date

3. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I was wondering why no one seemed to be commenting on this possible model. If they bring it as a plugin, I'd be interested. The story notes it would be based on the CT platform.

4. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

platform itself means little... MC platform is what Auris, Corolla, Matrix, Prius, Prius V, Highlander, RX, Rav4, MR2, Celica used, etc... so it doesnt mean much at the end as you can see... it is very flexible when it comes to anything.

so it can have different suspension and wheelbase, just like Prius, Prius V and CT200h are very related but very different.

5. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Proving once again that I'm not much of a gear head! :p

I'd still be interested in a luxury ride sized between the RX and the CT, for less than $40,000 fully loaded please. And of course, it needs to be a plugin!

That not asling too much, is it? :rolleyes:

6. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

i hate "fully loaded" in general - this is why CT200h in USA does not have all the overseas options, as average buyer always wants it "fully loaded" and then balks at $45k price.

I guess people would feel better if Prius PHEV was based on Prius III + leather, and then you could call it fully loaded and pay $30k for it

:)

7. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Too true. After evaluating my assets recently, I'm starting to wonder why on earth I don't cash in my Prius for the $30K it would bring me in the current user car market, and get a scooter instead!

If I must have a car for the small amount of driving I do, then I should probably drop the leather and nav etc., and just settle for the cheapest hatchback plugin that comes along.

8. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

what was the goal?