1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lexus HS250h looks ugly on Conan O Brian

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cnschult, Aug 13, 2009.

1. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    the Lexus HS250h is just a luxury corolla hybrid right?

so that means it will cost more then the prius, get worse fuel economy, and has much less cargo capacity.

so that means its a stupid car to buy right, only for shallow vain people right??

unfortunately there are a ton of shallow vain people in this world, thats why we see so many Lexus ES, Acura TL, Acura TSX and Audi A4s on the roads, so this stupid Lexus HS250h is probably gonna sell like hotcakes.

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The HS250h isn't based on the Corolla's platform despite it looking similar to one.

As for the latter, hey now! I've never owned any of those cars, but for those who have ridden and/or driven cars like the Lexus ES and Acura TL (previous gens for me), they're fairly luxurious. Just because people like luxurious appointments, features, quietness and a soft ride found in some of the above vehicles doesn't mean they're vain or shallow. The TSX I was last in had a suprisingly smooth 4 banger.

3. cantgoback

cantgoback Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Have you ever driven a Lexus, or owned one? It seems that people I know who own or have owned them say they are the best cars they've ever had. And they are not vain people. I don't know much about the HS, but the ES is extremely quiet and comfortable. It takes a good amount of engineering to get a car to that level, otherwise every car would be like that. If I had the money I would probably get one in a heartbeat. I've suffered back pains from driving smaller cars, and the noise really factors in for longer trips (> 2 hours) -- headache, lightheaded. I imagine driving an ES for several hours would not be as tiresome compared to more average cars. So in my opinion there is a place for such cars, and I'm glad they exist.

4. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    ** Not 2010 Prius related, moved to FHOP **