1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lexus quality dash kit for Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Robert Taylor, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Robert Taylor

Robert Taylor New Member

http://www.andale.com/stores/sf_itemHome.j...ntCatId=1361675

These folks say that their corporation supplies Toyota with the wood dash kits for their cars that have them installed. You can get any of the woods, or simulated woods, in dash kits cut specifically for the Prius.

Genuine wood costs more than simulated.

Link is to Lexus wood, which can be cut for the Prius. This is a do it yourself kit I am told.

They are sending me some sample chips to make a buying decision on, I'll let you know how well this goes later on the self install.

The sales guy I spoke with offered a slight discount on this genuine wood kit, call and ask for Maurice.

PS: this Lexus wood has a slight red tinge to it, which I think may go well with my Salsa Red exterior.

2. cookieface4750

cookieface4750 New Member

8)
    I would be interested in the outcome. Will be watching for the follow-up

3. techogurl

techogurl New Member

Hey Robert... what all mods have you done to your car? You post about as many as I do....so I was curious.

4. NavyScotty

NavyScotty New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Not to troll, but lots of companies offer real wood interiors for a similar price and you get more pieces including ones that have a one-piece MFD wrap vice two. Still, I'd love to see the pics and might order a sample before I am too quick to judge.

5. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

I have been considering doing this for some time now. What wood are you considering. The Lexus link was for "Burlwood" however it's listed as SOLD OUT. I looked at the Prius section, but if all they do is the center console, and for that price there are several other companys that have MANY more pieces of wood for the Doors and L/R Dash vents!

If you go through with gotta post pics. Love the idea, wanna see results!!

Good Luck