1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lexus RX400h Sneak Peek

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Tideland Prius, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, I don't know if it's me, but I seem to be a little lucky these days. I was at the beach heading back to my Prius when I noticed two fellows around an RX. One was taking pics and the other fumbling trying to find the power tailgate button inside. I thought to myself, they can't be owners.

I walk up to them and what do I see? RX400h shiny alloys and of course that little badge. Apparently they were taking media photos for the upcoming release on May 6. I did take several pics of the interior and exterior. I'll upload them to my album and put a link here.

A few things:

- The battery IS under the rear seat and the vents are forward facing under the seat so they are hidden. There are three separate vents there.

- The engine seems a bit noisy for a Lexus. I could hear it idling "loudly" just standing nearby. (loud in terms of Lexus)

- Cargo size is not affected and although the rear seat was raised, I didn't think headroom was an issue (although those taller than 6' might.)

- There's a tiny "beesting" antenna on the roof but it's right aligned rather than centred like ours. It is MUCH shorter than ours.

- It was the "base" RX400h without nav and the hybrid display is in the instrumental panel and not on the dash.

Umm, that's all I can think of that's not already known to you guys.

2. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had chance to take a 15min drive last weekend. Thanks to one of Toyota dealer told me where can I find one. (there is only 2 in my town right now)

Over I really like it, much quieter than Prius for sure and also the POWER!
    If really don't care the MPG, this SAV is rally first.
    There is no EV button so have to adjust by driving habit and easy to drive only ICE. However when drive only ICE it seems a like drain the battery quicker than Prius.

I manage to drive 13km/L during the test drive, which thats not that bad.
    But once step on it drop to 8km/L :mrgreen:

Interior fit and fish is Toyota quality, test vehicle is fully loaded.
    Leather w/ heat
    DVD Navi
    Power operate rear/tail hatch and so on.

I wish had $50k I would buy one but I'm not that SAV or SUV fun. Also by end of year Lexus will introduce GS or IS hybrid in Japan, so I look forward to that.
    At this time 2month wait for Harrier(RX) or Kluger(Highlander) in Japan

3. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ah, it's already out in Japan then?

We don't get the SKS that you guys get in the Harrier. 13km/L is pretty good. We get around that in our old 2000 Corolla with the 1ZZ-FE engine. The Camry with the 2AZ-FE engine gets about 10km/L or same as our 1997 Corolla with the 4A-FE engine and a 3psd auto lol.

I can't wait for the launch here!

4. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Can't add attachments. I've shrunk the pics to 556kb but still having problems

5. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Kruger doesn`t offer SKS but Harrier does.
    Kruger is cheaper than Harrier.
    Other interest thing, I went to one of Toyota dealer which sold Kruger.
    They told me they never saw the product yet or they don`t have any information yet