1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lexus RX450h Options & Costs

Discussion in 'Lexus Hybrids and EVs' started by hill, Oct 22, 2009.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Yeow! Want a hard drive NAV in your hybrid SUV? You have to shell out an additional $3,000.00 on top of the additional $14,000 worth of options, for a grand total of $17,500.00 and change.

Build Your Lexus - Select Packages

:eek:

That's more than I could get for my Gen II Prius! We opted for lots of options when we got our AWD 400h ... but as much as I like the HDD NAV? That's a lot of dough.

no?

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: Lexus 450h Options & Costs

Are you sure you're not talking about the RSES?

It seems to me that the nav is included in all but the base model and one luxury package.

3. ljbad4life

ljbad4life New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

One thing I have noticed about the new rx and the hs is the price (base and some packages) aren't that expensive, but once the options start totaling up the price gets huge. It seems the navigation is where the price starts getting out of hand. 7k is a bit much for options on a car just to get the integrated navi.

I personally don't think that Lexus puts together packages that are exactly what people want; more as to dangle something people want (for instance navigation) to get them to add expensive options. I know all car companies do this but lexus seems to have very high buy ins for navigation. Strike that after some research Lexus RX 450h has the highest buy in to get navi. The germans seem to be the lowest optioned with navi (2k-3k) with the americans at 3-4k and the japs at 4-7k.

I understand that you get more with lexus, but many people may not want all the extras.

4. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Be glad you don't live in Canada. Because we have a smaller buying population, cars have to packaged so that we can get the options without huge costs if they were a la carte like they are in the U.S.

We have Lexus options that can total over CA$10k and still lack features that you guys have.

5. ljbad4life

ljbad4life New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

All I can say is ouch.I absolutely believe you I remember reading another forum and the canadians were livid (to say the least) because the new HS and RX didn't come with heated seats standard. Just to get heated seats there is a 3k-4k premium. Some people will love that added features that the price tag comes with, but that practice really alienates other buyers.

6. mindmachine

mindmachine Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

Order the car the way you want it:

Lexus RX Hybrid - Features & Pricing - Pricing & Options

With Lexus unlike the Prius you can order item by item as shown on the option page. I did this on my 08 400h. Ordered the car in Dec and had it in Feb. I ordered it exactly as I wanted option by option instead of the district packaging which added things I did not want.

7. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Yup. The HS has standard leather but no heated seats and starts at CAD39,900. Umm, we live in Canada. Heated seats are more valued than leather (even if it is a luxury car). By putting leather as standard, what they're telling me is that their typical buyer is shallow and would rather show off having leather in their brand new (basic) Lexus than a cloth seat with heat function (cause cloth somehow != luxury).

Oh and our fully loaded HS gets no toys other than LED headlights and automatic high beam function for $48k. No IPA, DRCC, LKA, PCS. I'll keep my Prius, thanks!

8. ljbad4life

ljbad4life New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

Ok at this point, why would a canadian buy a HS over a camry Hybrid? Fuel economy is pretty much the same and with the hs you don't really seem to get much of anything you can't get in a TCH for less money. The HS does have a better ride and slightly better handling but is that 10k premium worth it? In canada (at least) the hs is basically for (what I like to call them) label whores (it appears to me to be that way).

9. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

It's a Lexus. The base model is only $3k more (and you lose the nav).

I think it's more for Lexus owners to move into a hybrid rather than Toyota owners to move up to a Lexus hybrid. Sure the price is appealing but I figured those that are used to driving midsize and fullsize vehicles will find the HS refreshing (IS won't work cause it's seen as a junior executive vehicle)